Author Topic: DMS quit playing in wifes VW again  (Read 17986 times)

Offline cycleguy

DMS quit playing in wifes VW again
« on: July 15, 2016, 01:52:57 am »
I have 2 VW's with a phatbox unit and the DMS in my wifes car quit working. Installed the phathack DMS tools when it did this about 3 years ago and repaired it and worked great. It quit again but this time when i put DMS in cradle,it lists it but all the options in the tools are grayed out and cannot repair. Any suggestions? I have put my DMS cartridge in her car and works fine in both units. Thanks for any help.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: DMS quit playing in wifes VW again
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 08:39:01 am »
Seems to be a bug in the DMS tools which I'll get fixed as soon as I can
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline cycleguy

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 05:33:49 pm »
I appreciate anything that you can do. I miss my tunes.

Offline bolopez

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 09:06:37 am »
It's already working again, at least for me :)

Regards.

Offline cycleguy

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 01:34:35 am »
Just plugged dms in dock and have dms tools mode highlighted and dms device select box shows USB disk (F:) and line with all repair selections are grayed out. If I change to hack wizard mode and click refresh, the select destination shows dms cartridge (G:) but still all repair selections are grayed out? Like I said before, this cartridge did this about 3 years ago and I  repaired it with the same computer as I am trying to do now. Can you still purchase a cartridge someplace? This one seems to be unrepairable. Thanks again for any help. Jeff