Author Topic: problem with installing phatbox in skoda superb  (Read 11585 times)

Offline MilanM

problem with installing phatbox in skoda superb
« on: June 14, 2018, 07:00:42 am »
Can someone help me?

Im, well me and my car electrician are stucked with installing phatbox phatnoise in my Skoda Superb mk1.

As you already know(people who have phbox) it comes with cable with female 13din on one end.

Therefore I tought I need 5m long cable with 8pin mini iso on one end( wich goes to navi) and on other 13din male connector, so I ordered frome DIETZ blaupunkt cable and woila, it came to me, we installed and BOOM!

There goes fuse on navi. So my electrician noticed it actually has just 8 din, we called shop they checked and they said it is ok, it should work. 25euros went to toilet.

So yesterday, I bought second hand blaupunkt cable from scrapyard(it was from alfa 159) wich actually has 13din and 8pins.

I tought this must be it, we wired fast and KBOOM-NOTHING!20euros went to toilet, again!

Phatbox doesnt react, fuse on navi same, Cd option on navigation is grey, cant choose it, and we are stucked.

I have found pin out of my Superb navi(wich is actually blaupunkt product), and it is same as alfa romeo navi(same blaupunkt) -8pin mini iso pin out positions.

Does anyone have a clue what to do, and what are we doing wrong?! Im realy close to loose my mind..:crying:

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: problem with installing phatbox in skoda superb
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 01:18:28 pm »
I have no idea on the pinouts unfortunately, but out of interest what does your PhatBox look like? (particularly the connectors)

The only reason I ask, is for this reason:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-M-Bus-CD-Changer-Cable-for-VW-SKODA-Seat-Phatbox-Audi-Lead-Wire-Cord-/391981629992

...which of course is from China, so who knows how it will fair!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)