Author Topic: 99 "Disk"/Playlist Limitation  (Read 5150 times)

Offline nedb

• PhatHacker
99 "Disk"/Playlist Limitation
« on: April 06, 2006, 08:48:14 pm »
Hi all. Okay, newbie here. Flames welcome. I thought I'd find a thread on this but I didn't see anything. I have a Excelon KHD-CX910 and a Kenwood DDX7017. I loaded all 7,000 tracks on my 40GB DMS. First I "expected" to find, or see, or navigate my folders as they
look like on my hard drive. Okay, I had to make "disks" for whatever music I wanted to see
on the keg. Fine. The problem is that the 100th disks reads "no text", although I can hear the correct data on there. And then my head unit doesn't see disk "101". Please excuss the me if this topic has been brought up already. Thanks in advance. Ned.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: 99 "Disk"/Playlist Limitation
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 09:03:19 pm »
If your head unit doesn't support >99 playlists just update your firmware properties to let it know that.  It will show only 99, but you'll still be able to access all your playlists

Offline nedb

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 10:00:33 pm »
Okay. thank you.

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 08:24:06 am »
Your head unit can almost certainly support playlists greater than 99.  However, the default setting on the Music Keg is 99 or less, which is probably why you are getting the glitch that you mentioned.

With the DMS connected to the computer, open the Phatnoise software, then go into hardware options.  On one of the tabs there you will find the options to set the firmware properties.  There you can change the playlist option to support greater than 99.

While you are in the hardware options, also check to be sure you are using the latest firmware.  If you just got the keg new then your firmware is probably out of date.  Instructions for updating the firmware are in your Keg manual.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline nedb

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 06:30:11 pm »
Hi. thanks all. I set it to 250 and I have the same results. I also updated to the most current firmware and had the same results. So I guess this headunit doesn't support it. One workaround I found is to make a "blank" playlist/disk at 100, 200 etc. Then I have to go into that disk and track forward one disk to get to the next "disk 1" (virtual 101, 201 etc.).
Then if I list the disks, it starts from 1 again. On the way "down", I have to go to the first disk and track down to 99. than I'm on the previous 99 disk list. Pain in the ass. What can one do?

Offline ry4n

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 04:42:57 pm »
I'm having the same issue with my DDX6019. I have over 500 playlists, and I can only browse 99 at a time before I have to play playlist 100, then open the brosw screen to browse the next 100-200 or so. I actually came on here to make a thread about this until i found this one.

I usually leave my Keg on random play anyways, so it doesn't bother me much until I want to hear a certain song.

I've already tried to see if there was a firmware update for Kenwoods, and changed the plylist display option to 250 as well. Any other ideas?