Author Topic: Phatbox problem...  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Bane

• A few posts under my belt.
Phatbox problem...
« on: June 22, 2006, 01:43:18 pm »
I have a VW phatbox converted to a Kenwood Keg. This setup has worked perfectly for the last 6 months. Yesterday it started showing a "loading" message when I change over to the keg, I waited over 10 minutes, and it still just says loading. The DMS is readable on my computer.

Any ideas? Is my phatbox/keg going bad?

Thanks

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Phatbox problem...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 06:14:17 pm »
Sounds like a DMS issue.  You may as well check the cable connections, and try resetting your Kenwood head unit.

Assuming neither of those things work, put your DMS in the cartridge and check both partitions for errors.  A disk defrag also won't hurt.  Once your disk is error-free and defragmented, load up PMM and go to options.  There is a button I think under DMS maintainence to "Fix DMS database."  Run that, save and eject and then try the DMS in the car again.  That should do it.

Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline Bane

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 02:31:16 pm »
Sounds like a DMS issue.  You may as well check the cable connections, and try resetting your Kenwood head unit.

Assuming neither of those things work, put your DMS in the cartridge and check both partitions for errors.  A disk defrag also won't hurt.  Once your disk is error-free and defragmented, load up PMM and go to options.  There is a button I think under DMS maintainence to "Fix DMS database."  Run that, save and eject and then try the DMS in the car again.  That should do it.

What do you mean by resetting the head unit? Are you just talking about disconnecting the power to it?

Thanks

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 03:32:22 pm »
What do you mean by resetting the head unit? Are you just talking about disconnecting the power to it?

Thanks

I don't know which Kenwood head unit you have, but most if not all of them have a little button somewhere on the face to force a reset.  Check your manual.

Still, I don't think that's the issue.  I'm pretty sure the other steps I mentioned, related to your DMS, should solve the problem.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS