Author Topic: music keg navigation using kenwood head unit.  (Read 7049 times)

Offline pow3rslave

• PhatHaX0r
music keg navigation using kenwood head unit.
« on: April 20, 2006, 06:46:06 am »
i've just installed a music keg with a kenwood head unit (the kdc-mp6029) and, while i'm happy with it, i find navigation of discs on it to be somewhat lacking, scrolling from one disc to the next one at a time is kind of fiddly especially when dealing with the huge volumes of music that the keg allows.

is there a better way to navigate through from disc 1 to, say, disc 50 without having to hit the up key 49 times?

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: music keg navigation using kenwood head unit.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 11:47:37 am »
is there a better way to navigate through from disc 1 to, say, disc 50 without having to hit the up key 49 times?

Using that example, yes:  Hit the down key once.  The HU should be able to navigate forwards and backwards.

If you have VOIT enabled on the Phatbox, you can also do advanced searching by letter -- handy if your playlists (discs) are named by artist.  

See this page for more info:  http://www.phatnoise.com/products/plug_ins/kenwood_viot_how_it_works_detailed.php
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:58:19 am by markbowen »
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline SteveC

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 06:25:54 pm »
Plus, if your headunit supports Kenwood's IR Remote control (many do, even if they don't come with it), then you can buy the remote for about $20 and get direct track/disc access.

Offline pow3rslave

• PhatHaX0r
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 09:40:20 am »
i checked out that url about viot, and it looks to be the way to go, is there a cracked version of it around, or is the $75 option necessary?

also, i'm going to up the hdd in the future (stuck with the 10Gb for now), so if i do the dms driveswap, will i still be able to use the viot? there's something on that page reading:

"NOTE: Registration Codes provided will install the Plug-In on only one system."

i don't want to pay for viot now if it's not going to work on a large hdd when i get one.

Offline timps

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 04:46:34 pm »
As for VIOT the forum moderators have made it quite clear they do not want to do “cracked”  software as getting software for free could get the forum shut down even though some of them know how.

IIRC on a geunuine keg it should not be a problem as the hack cd deals with plugins in its instructions

If you have an Audi box running Kenwood firmware you can get SSA that came with the Audi box (similar thing) to work
here is a link on it here  http://wiki.phathack.com/VIOT
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 04:53:09 pm by timps »

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 03:58:27 am »
i checked out that url about viot, and it looks to be the way to go, is there a cracked version of it around, or is the $75 option necessary?

also, i'm going to up the hdd in the future (stuck with the 10Gb for now), so if i do the dms driveswap, will i still be able to use the viot? there's something on that page reading:

"NOTE: Registration Codes provided will install the Plug-In on only one system."

i don't want to pay for viot now if it's not going to work on a large hdd when i get one.

It says one SYSTEM, which means apply to one KEG - it uses the serial number of the keg... not the hard drive so as long as the files are there it'll be good on any drive.... just only on one PhatBox