Author Topic: Audible  (Read 3598 times)

Offline BTA

• PhatHacker
Audible
« on: April 22, 2006, 08:14:11 pm »
Anyone out there use Audible?  Audible (spoken word) files have never worked in my Phatbox.  It works when my DMS is connected to my PC--using PMM-- but not when in the car.  When in the car, if I choose a playlist containing a Audible (.aa file) book, it will announce but then skip without playing.  I have sent several emails to Phatnoise but the advice makes me wonder if they read the emails before responding.  I have most recent firmware (BMW v.9) and have completely wiped the DMS trying to find a solution, to no avail.  Anyone else had this issue?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 08:15:12 pm by BTA »

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Audible
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 08:57:42 pm »
is this a hacked phatbox and / or DMS?

Offline SteveC

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 01:06:11 pm »
I never had trouble with Audible files, but make sure that you choose type 4 when you are downloading the files from Audible. That's the only format that the Phatbox supports.

Offline BTA

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 04:11:20 pm »
is this a hacked phatbox and / or DMS?

No, not hacked, just a standard issue Phatbox and DMS.  And I am aware that I can use type 4 Audible files only.  Another note:  back about a year ago one of the techs at Phatnoise suggested that I downgrade the BMW firmware to a previous version to see if that would fix the problem.  I got involved in other things and didn't try it.  Also, I was thinking that I was probably not alone with this issue and maybe new firmware would address this.  Alas, still no new firmware.  I guess it's time I tried the firmware downgrade route.  Thanks for your responses.  

Offline dafamous12

• Getting the hang of things.
  • Smurfin On 18 Wheels Across The U.S.A!!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 09:09:34 am »
Also make sure that you have authorized the dms before you download to your dms or it will not play.