Author Topic: PMM syncs fine...but with empty playlists  (Read 3102 times)

Offline impossible

• PhatHacker
PMM syncs fine...but with empty playlists
« on: June 12, 2006, 11:46:02 pm »
Hardware wise, its working great.

I recently tried adding some more music recently (possibly the first time since installing wmp11) and i dont get any errors from my pmm software and am able to copy my playlists (all m3u files which are pointing to mp3s) and able to save and eject the DMS.

When loaded in the car, the headunit read outs the playlist title, then automaticaly jumps to the next playlist (like it does when it gets to the end of the playlist)

Upon closer inspection, when i play a playlist thats local, PMM plays the play list fine, but when i try and play the playlist from the DMS, there are no files in the playlist....checking the partions i see that the playlist files are empty, but the actual mp3 files are there.

Im stuck for ideas =/

Thanks

Imp

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
Re: PMM syncs fine...but with empty playlists
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 07:29:44 pm »
How about adding new music to alread existing playlists.  Any problem there.  Does the new music play through the DMS?

I have been having trouble ever since my hack.  It seems the songs load onto the DMS.  But then nothing when in the box.  It doesn't even boot, apparantly.

Offline impossible

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 07:35:55 pm »
I forgot about this thread.

I assume the problem was with the disk ID, as I removed all the data from the disk and recreated it via the software and it didnt help.

I then copied the original image back to the hacked disk and it functioned as normal, still works fine currently.

Imp

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 08:36:19 pm »
Imp,

I sent you a PM.  I've been having trouble with my hack disk.  I read through the process you did, and I'd like to give it a try.
I didn't make an image of my original DMS before the patch process.  Do you think this will be a problem?

Or will it be alright to make an image of the original DMS, now that it has been through the patch process.

I guess my question is does the patch process affect the disk ID at all?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 09:31:41 pm »
The hack disk does not change anything permantly on the source DMS.  you can just remove the files on the phtsys partition and reinstall the firmware for your head unit via PMM and you'll be back to normal with one exception.

you need to remove the startup sound link in the phtdta profiles profiles.ini file.