Author Topic: You saved disabled Music Keg!!  (Read 3087 times)

Offline soccerblues

• PhatHacker
You saved disabled Music Keg!!
« on: June 21, 2006, 09:00:08 pm »
 :D  I just found this forum about 3 days ago, and I just want to say THANK YOU!!  

At the beginning of the month, my Kenwood HU started "losing my Music Keg".  I took it back to the installer, and he thought it might be the cable.  After he did a little checking, we thought it might be the Kenwood Sirius Tuner... I did all the reformatting, reloading firmware and resetting I read about.  I eventually called Kenwood, and they had me do the same things I had already done.  No luck.  I kept thinking this can't be hardware that needs to be replaced, but I was at a deadend!  I was at the last resort of sending the Music Keg in for "repair".

However, I kept seeing PhatHack in my Google searches. but was still coming up empty.  One day I saw the forum...long story short:  I read about someone saying the cable inside the Music Keg being loose, and never being one to be afraid to take something apart, I opened the Music Keg and the ribbon cable was indeed loose!!  I plugged it back in, loaded the DMS back in the Music Keg, and eventually it came back on.  I have removed it, started the car, removed it again about 5 times and so far so good!!

Sorry the post is so long, but once again Thank You!!!  

Pam