Author Topic: Problems patching Keg - HELP!!  (Read 43266 times)

Offline Jamz

Re: Problems patching Keg - HELP!!
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2006, 08:06:41 pm »
Still not working  :'(

Closer though, signing the file allowed me to change the exec.ini and still play mp3's but still doesn't play audible, I either get "Corrupt Track" or it just hangs trying to play the file.

What I did was take the aadec file from the /backup dir, rename it to aadec-orig, signed it, put both files in the root dir, changed the exec.ini to point to aadec-orig, and resign the exec.ini.  I even tried resigning the aadec-orig file on an off chance but that changed nothing.

Am I missing anything or anything else to try?  I noticed the following in the exec.ini:
auth.pna=/dos/nmp3
auth1.pna=/dos/hdparm
auth2.pna=/dos/pkeysa.e

where .pna are audible files, but checking those files all had old date stamps so doesn't look like the hack touches those...

Help?

-Jamz

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2006, 06:21:55 pm »
Code: [Select]
[Phatbox]
player.wma=/dos/phatwma
player.loop=/dos/playloopfile
auth.loop=/dos/swgrli
auth1.loop=/dos/nmp3
startprog=/dos/51d
player.flac=/dos/flacplay
player.pna=/dos/aadec-orig
auth.pna=/dos/nmp3
auth1.pna=/dos/hdparm
auth2.pna=/dos/pkeysa.e
player.ogg=/dos/oggplay-ha
auth.ogg=/dos/oggplay-la
player.m4a=/dos/needaac
auth.m4a=/dos/nmp3

Above is the exec.ini that worked for me - did you authorize the new DMS after updating it?

Offline Jamz

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2006, 06:33:28 pm »
Hmmm, no I didn't  :-[  Well, I did a few days ago but that was before moving the aadec-orig files and signing the exec.ini file.

I had tried to deauth/auth the dms before I discovered signing and I noticed I could not deauthorize it so not sure if it was doing anything. (after clicking deauthorize dms and going back into the options, it still had an option to deauth it?)

Anyways, i'll try that when I get home, hopefully that works.

And from the looks of it, your exec.ini looks exactly the same as mine.

-Jamz

Offline Jamz

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2006, 01:17:36 am »
Argh, I can't seem to authorize my DMS properly because I can't seem to Deauthorize it?  When I click "Deauthorize DMS" it says Audible support has been removed, but the button doesn't change to "Authorize DMS". So not sure if I'm having trouble de-authorizing or authorizing?

Does anyone know which file(s) it actually touches? Is there a manual way of deauthorizing the DMS?

-Jamz

PS Thanks for all of your help so far, I must be the only one that can't get this to work :(

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2006, 02:02:37 am »
Wish I  could help with that, but I don't actually use audible.... you could always try wiping out your PHTSYS partition and redoing it...

Offline Jamz

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2006, 03:29:56 am »
I may actually try that soon. I take it I'll have to put the original drive back in and copy the contents again eh?

Right now, I installed the original Music Manager on my windows vista VM and I was able to "deactivate" the DMS but can't eject it in the VM (says another process is using the drive etc etc) Bah. And now when I try to copy an Audible file, it asks for the user/password for audible but then says it fails and can't auth it...So, I REALLY have it deauth now i guess...

Next steps, gonna create an xp VM and try that with various versions of Music Manager/Media Manager.

Stay tuned for my Audible Adventures! :)

-Jamz

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2006, 08:27:16 am »
no, you dont need the original drive ever again... you can just format it and load the firmware with PMM... in fact you might be able to just do that and not replace aadec with the hacked version ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 08:28:04 am by sbingner »

Offline jg123

• I love my Keg!
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2006, 10:39:08 am »
My audible wasn't working either with the patched DMS. I had to get the files called aadec and aadec.sig form the backup dir, rename them to aadec-orig and aadec-orig.sig, change the exec.ini, and sign it on this site. Once I did that, I transferred over Ender's Game to the DMS, and it worked perfectly in the car. Before that it would just act like the playlist was empty if I had Audible content on the DMS. It sounds like you have done similar steps, but I just wanted you to know there is hope!

Offline Jamz

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2006, 09:39:40 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement :)

But, I'm STILL not having any luck... I expected maybe some trouble getting the new drive to work etc but that went REALLLY smooth, i'm running out of ideas now :/

Basically, I was able to deauth it using music manager, then had to call audible to reset my count so I could reauth it, ok, now I can recopy audible files again.  I did this after deleting all the files in phatsys dir and reapplying the firmware/system files.

Next try was to copy the hack aadec files, aaced-orig files, and exec files over and recopy the audible files, still no luck...

Gonna try to boot cd and try to rebuild the disk from scratch now, not sure if formatting the partition is much different than deleteing the files and recopying them?

-Jamz

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2006, 09:57:11 pm »
no need to use the boot cd -- unless you needed to format the PHTDTA partition, but you could just delete everything off it to be in the same place.

Did you try it BEFORE you replaced any aadec files?

Offline Jamz

« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2006, 10:24:46 pm »
Ya, I deleted all the files and reapplied them via PMM (firmware update), then authorized the DMS and tried it with no luck. Then tried again with replacing the files.  Each time I get a "corrupt track" message and it goes to the next playlist.  I ran the repair and the disk looks good, doing a deep scan now, so far PHATSYS checked out and it's still doing the data parition with no errors so far.

I know this is going to turn into something stupid eventually :)

-Jamz

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2006, 12:13:05 am »
maybe you have to download a new copy of the file that's signed for your dms?

Offline TeutoneX

• PhatHacker
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2006, 04:12:57 pm »
Hello Sbingner,

sorry my English is not very good.

I have the same Problem how FireFox which I must do with the file phatpatch-0.5.gz and phatpatch-0.5.c

Can you help me ?  

Thanks for the Answer.

Greeting TeutoneX