Author Topic: Anyone have the source code?  (Read 17698 times)

Offline A543

• Veteran.
Re: Anyone have the source code?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2005, 07:43:48 pm »
The key check is before the firmware update routines.  I set up my non Phatnoise drive with forceupdate and the proper firmware and the firmware update never ran, it failed the key test before it could run.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2005, 07:59:16 pm »
the question then is, does the drive mount at all before the check occurs?  
it would make sense if the answer was no.

Offline Vince

• Still under NDA!
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2005, 11:27:47 pm »
Interesting, I wonder if they use any other functions from say FLAC or one of the other popular encoders that has been modified in any way as they would need to distribute the source to that as well.

Can you post this code?  It would be interesting to try and see if we can use it to work in an emulator that was posted.

Other than the kernel (which you've already seen), the other open source code on the PhatBox has only trivial modifications.  The only difference is that some printf's were removed, and the shell was modified to be able to run shell scripts with DOS CRLF instead of Unix LF.

Of course, PhatNoise must still provide you the source code under the GPL/LGPL if you still want it.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 04:10:52 am »

Other than the kernel (which you've already seen), the other open source code on the PhatBox has only trivial modifications.  The only difference is that some printf's were removed, and the shell was modified to be able to run shell scripts with DOS CRLF instead of Unix LF.

Of course, PhatNoise must still provide you the source code under the GPL/LGPL if you still want it.

Well I've seen some of your posts to the vorbis tremor decoder dev mailing lists which made me think ya'll (phatnoise) might have made changes to other libraries in use on the box..

I think it would be good to get copies of all the software we can in the unlikley event that phatnoise gets bought out by a group who wishes to discontinue all support of the boxes and chooses not to disclose anything in the future or phatnoise (god forbid) closes its doors.

(even though we wouldnt be able to sign or use any of the code... :( )
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 04:11:38 am by judb »