Author Topic: Music Keg to Pioneer cable?  (Read 6257 times)

Offline madj42

Music Keg to Pioneer cable?
« on: September 21, 2006, 11:05:59 pm »
Is it possible to make a cable to interface with a pioneer deck?  I really like the Pioneer DEH-P980BT because it has built in BT and such.  But I don't want to get rid of my keg.  If I could pay someone to make a cable that would be great.  Otherwise I suppose I could make my own although I'm not very good at this.  

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Music Keg to Pioneer cable?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 11:44:31 am »
Never mind the cable, you would also need a firmware that would work with a Pioneer head unit, and it does not exist.

If it's bluetooth you're after, Kenwood is coming out with a bluetooth interface adapter:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mxEO9msGCMn/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=kenwood+bluetooth&i=113BT100

This can be installed between the Keg and a Kenwood head unit, and you'll have no question of compatibility.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Music Keg to Pioneer cable?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 06:19:07 pm »
Actually, as I understand it... there is a firmware, it was never released due to legal issues that never got sorted out with pioneer.

To make it work you'd need to get the firmware from phatnoise, and the other more important tidbit is that you not only need the right cable to be made, only the latest rev of the phatboxes support it. (there is some extra chip in the output path that allows it to work with specific heads and that is required for pioneer support.)

so, basically, yeah its possible but it wont happen. The kegs are not compatible as they are based off an older board design and are missing a key component.