Author Topic: PMM 3.76 problem  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
PMM 3.76 problem
« on: October 03, 2006, 11:27:19 pm »
Well, I know others are using V 3.92, but PMM tells me there is no update to 3.76

I cannot get 3.76 to work with my new DMS.  It will copy music over, but that music will never show up in PMM, although the Drive Usage indicator is correct.

DMS doctor says:
FAIL: MD5 Checksum failed: F:aadec.sig

Music manager has been working fine with my DMS, but I would prefer Media Manager because of the UI.

Windows XP sp2

Thanks,
Anton

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: PMM 3.76 problem
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 02:18:46 am »
grab the aadec and aadec.sig out of the backups folder and put them on the root of phtsys and that will stop the DMS doctor error.

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 03:33:48 pm »
grab the aadec and aadec.sig out of the backups folder and put them on the root of phtsys and that will stop the DMS doctor error.

These were in F: Phtsys.   There was no backups folder.
Since PMM 3.76 will not let me work with the DMS, should I try PMM 3.51?  I have that installer available.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 03:54:25 pm »
Okay, I'd do this

Run a chkdsk on phtsys and phtdta from within windows.  if from the command line do it like this:
chkdsk /f p:
(make p: whatever the drive letter is for phtsys)
when that is complete go into phtsys and delete all the files you find there.
go to downloads.phathack.com and get the firmware files for your head unit and extract them onto the DMS into phtsys
delete the forceupdate and forcesettings files if they get placed on phtsys after extractions.
rerun the DMS doctor and see if you still get errors.
run PMM and see if it likes the DMS.  (if not, make sure you have both a phatbox.ini and a phatman.ini (i think its phatman.ini)

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 07:03:43 pm »
I Did as you suggested.

DMS Doctor: Failed: Could not load XML Document

In PMM I had to Repair DMS: Re-import DMS Database, since it was not showing up.  This could take a while.  I'll post the update.

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 11:24:15 pm »
I am still geting the Error retrieving Drive ID.  This only occurs while the DMS is inserted and playing track in Media Library ends.

Althought the Indicator bar shows DMS usage, none of the playlists, or songs show up in PMM for DMS.

I was able to run Sync and Refresh DMS database, still nothing.

After Sync, the Playlist that I created shows up on the DMS in PMM, but it appears empty.

Also, this is interesting.  After loading the firmware and Opening PMM3.76, DMS was initialized.  ...work...  Then I saved the DMS, but did not eject.
I opened PMM2.3 and it detected an uninitialized DMS.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 11:28:34 pm by Anton »

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 06:31:55 pm »
the 2.x and 3.x versions of PMM store data in seperate files so I am not suprised that it worked like that.

not being able to eject the DMS doesn't mean its the DMS that is the issue.. could be virusscan or something else locking files on the volume so windows doesnt want to unmount the drive letter.

Offline Anton

• Needs to get outside.
  • I'll figure it out
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 06:54:21 pm »
The problem is not with Ejecting the DMS.

Problem is Error retrieving Drive ID in 3.76  although with this error present, DMS will still be recognized, and loaded, but No Playlists will appear, and no music.  Even after Sync.  Even after Refresh DMS database.