Author Topic: No speech on xp..voice gone?  (Read 5366 times)

Offline a4alan

No speech on xp..voice gone?
« on: November 07, 2006, 02:06:28 pm »
Can someone please resolve this for me.

For some reason i dont have a TTS engine installed or running on my windows xp, its supposed to be in the control panel sound speech etc, but its not..
I have tried adding it as stated on ms help site ie. used office pro 2003 and office xp pro but i still cant add the function, i really hope that this is able to be sorted without a windows reinstall..and obviously i cant get voice tags in my phat music manger or via phatvoice...thanks  so much for any input...great forum,  by the way i should say that i did the Phatbox fix for Navi (the Eddie Fiola mod) to stop skipping tracks but that shouldn`t have any affect on my windows?, i`ve re-installed music manager from my original cd and the at & t natural voices 1.2  installed as usual..but as i say, when i run phatvoice it wont open because the error is cant find TTS engine (not installed)...thanks  :-[ :-[ :'( :(

Offline a4alan

Re: No speech on xp..voice gone?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 08:00:41 am »
Can someone please help, thankyou so much. :-[

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 04:52:22 pm »
I would suggest trying to install a copy of natural voices or another 3rd party voice engine.. you could also try installing the  microsoft speech SDK and see if that enables it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5E86EC97-40A7-453F-B0EE-6583171B4530&displaylang=en

Offline a4alan

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:17:06 pm »
Thanks judb,
 i`ve tried all the engines available and still no joy, i thinks it`s the fact that the speech *.cpl file is missing from my windows xp for some reason.. If anyone who is running xp sp2 would like to pm me with the speech *.cpl file from there working  o.s i will give that a try...thanks, or where can i get a copy of this file on line? :'(