Author Topic: 06/01/05 News  (Read 6511 times)

admin

06/01/05 News
« on: June 02, 2005, 12:55:49 am »
It occured to me tonight that I haven't done a very good job of keeping the community up to date on what's happening.  I'll try to do a better job of that starting now:

1) Have no fears about server stability.  Now that the router problem is fixed we should be in very good shape.  I'm gathering funds to put a battery backup on the server (we've been having some power outages here in NC) and if you'd like to donate to this by paypal, let me know.

2) Have even less fear about the safety of the information.  There are lots of redundancies, and nightly (as well as weekly backups), both on and off site.

3) The wiki, I swear, is coming soon.  I've run into some permissions issues for how people will log in, but I'm working on it.  Until then, be sure to read the FAQ Seqment of the board.

4) At this time we are not facing any legal problems.  This position will be re-evaluated frequently and steps will be taken to ensure everyone's legal protection.

Let me know if there are any other issues.

Offline bushing

• Needs to get outside.
  • props to my peeps
Re: 06/01/05 News
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 07:23:44 am »
4) At this time we are not facing any legal problems.  This position will be re-evaluated frequently and steps will be taken to ensure everyone's legal protection.

I guess that just means we have to try harder?

*ducks*

-b