Author Topic: adapt PB to blaupunkt headunit?  (Read 8597 times)

Offline murdy

adapt PB to blaupunkt headunit?
« on: June 02, 2005, 04:33:36 pm »
Hi everybody!

First of all I want to say sorry for my bad english.

I use a blaupunkt headunit (woodstock dab 52) in my car (Audi A3, similar to Volkswagen Rabbit/Jetta or Audi TT).

In the i-net I found:
The Audi headunit speaks the Panasonic CD changer interface language while the PhatBox speaks a modified Alpine protocol. So, to get around this one needs to "adapt" the control signals. To this end PhatNoise was shipping a (modified) BlitzSafe Audi --> Alpine adapter with the PhatBoxes. These however are hard to come by and you can only get one from them if you purchased a beta or LE system directly from PhatNoise (and they don't sell them any more.)  

Is it possible also to adapt the panasonic interface to a blaupunkt interface? Does anybody know something about blaupunkt interfaces?

Greeeetings
murdy
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 07:19:49 am by murdy »

Offline sulaco

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: adapt PB to blaupunkt headunit?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 05:05:38 pm »
My Audi Concert unit is made by Blaupunkt. If all of the Blaupunkt models speak the panasonic interface language its *possible* it would work with the Audi PB

Offline murdy

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 05:23:06 pm »
Hi,

would you please write down how you connected the PB to the concert? Which cabels + adapters did you use?

How do you know that your concert was made by blaupunkt? My request to blaupunkt for technical support was a desaster: They don´t want to explain the technical relationships between the headunits.  The say the PB and their units won´t work together.

Greeting
murdy

Offline sulaco

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 06:23:21 pm »
I have the actual Audi version of the phatbox which came with the adapter to plug it in to the changer cable.

If you look on www.phathack.com it has the pin layouts if you want to make your own cable.

My Concert unit has Blaupunkt on the back model number label :)

I heard the Audi 6 CD changer is rebadged panasonic, and panasonic ones work with the Concert without any mods.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 06:24:48 pm by sulaco »

Offline murdy

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 11:23:16 pm »
Hi everybody!

I tried to get a pinout of the concert 1, but I´m not sure about it. Comparing this to my blaupunkt woodstock, it seems to possible.

13  16  19
  15  18
14  17  20

In Germany we call this kind of plug "mini-iso", how is your way to say it?

blaupunkt woodstock DAB 52:
13   bus IN
14   bus OUT
15   -
16   ignition +12V
17   bus GROUND
18   af GROUND
19   af L
20   af R

AUDI concert 1:

13   DI
14   DO
15   CLK
16   ???
17   ACC
18   GND
19   AF L
20   AF R

I need a Can you veryfication for this pinout please? No. 16, what is it?

For the blaupunkt I have an adaptor mini-iso to a round plug with 13 pins, which I used to connect an older blaupunkt unit to a cd changer (cdc A05). I asked blaupunkt for help to give me the pinout, I´m waiting for their reply.   If I´m lucky, the pinout of my cable is the same as the pinout of the PB.

Greetings
murdy

edit:

Blaupunkt told me, that it is not possible to connect my old cd changer CDC A05 to my woodstock. They only said NO, without giving reasons :-(
I hoped that these componets would fit. I thought, that because of the same cable, PB and CDC A05 share the same construction (pinout, interface language).
As Blaupunkt doesn´t give me the pinout or other documentation, I have to find it out on my own. First step is to try to run the CDC A05 with my woody.

What about the Audi concert 1 pinout, is the list correct I found? Please tell me.

Thank you!
murdy
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 02:28:03 pm by murdy »