Author Topic: Loading songs onto DMS  (Read 3084 times)

Offline jeem

Loading songs onto DMS
« on: December 29, 2006, 03:44:23 am »
I just read a post saying that PhatBox is a device that works the way it wants, not the way you think it should.  Amen!  I definitely have a love/hate relationship with my Phatbox.  Love the Phatbox once music is loaded, but HATE the PhatBox software.  Man does it suck!

I'm using Media Manager.  What version?  Who knows...?  Nothing on the splash screen, and no Help-->About info.  

How can I load wav and mp3 files directly onto the DMS without having to re-rip 280 CDs?

Other issues:
My Media Manager database shows the 280 playlists, but each one is empty.  
I explicitly set the MM database to a "music" folder on my harddrive which contains the 280 folders with the complete wav/mp3 files...  It updates, but still no actual songs in the database...

I'm a software developer with 12 years experience and can not figure some of the most basic things....  

TIA!

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
Re: Loading songs onto DMS
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 11:25:44 am »
Hi

If you open up Windows Explorer alongside the Media Manager, you should be able to drag and drop files from the PC's HD into the playlists.  That will not copy files anywhere, but it will build the database.  Then, you should be able to use Media Manager to synchronise the playlists and database to the DMS.  That operation should also pull the files across to the DMS for you.  You should use save and eject operations in MM to complete the database building process on the DMS.

You certainly should not need to re-rip any of your music.