Author Topic: ACDrive / mCD Wiki Page!  (Read 13115 times)

Offline davec

• PhatHacker
ACDrive / mCD Wiki Page!
« on: January 11, 2007, 12:06:17 pm »
Hi All,
I've documented some analysis of Kenwoods ACDrive system on the PhatHack wiki.
Please read:

http://wiki.phathack.com/ACDrive

Discussions can take place here in this forum

Dave

Offline LloydDobler

• Getting the hang of things.
Re: ACDrive / mCD Wiki Page!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 06:05:34 am »
Sweet.  So have you been able to actually hack and re-load head unit firmware? Or just the information that ACDrive sends to it?  

If you can figure out a way to activate playlist number searching in playlist mode I'll be happy with the USB functionality and ignore all the rest.  

How it works on the phatbox is you simply type the number on the remote and hit 'next disc' and it goes to the number you typed.  In ACDrive you can do that with artist, album, or track but not playlist.

Why they removed that function I do not know, but I've never even used VIOT or SSA because I find that to be easy enough.

Offline davec

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 12:39:58 pm »
Sweet.  So have you been able to actually hack and re-load head unit firmware? Or just the information that ACDrive sends to it?

Nope, only the data on the disc which the head-unit reads. I havent seen any firmware releases around, do you know of any? I'd like to examine one :)

If you can figure out a way to activate playlist number searching in playlist mode I'll be happy with the USB functionality and ignore all the rest.  

How it works on the phatbox is you simply type the number on the remote and hit 'next disc' and it goes to the number you typed.  In ACDrive you can do that with artist, album, or track but not playlist.

Why they removed that function I do not know, but I've never even used VIOT or SSA because I find that to be easy enough.

Yes, it is very wierd that they dont have an index on playlists but they do on everything else... The only solutions I can think of are a little hackish. For example,when generating the database, my software could "swap" the playlist and genre sections in the file. This way genre mode would actually be playlist (and have an index), and playlist mode would actually me genre and would no longer be indexed (which might not matter to you).

Dave

Offline LloydDobler

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 07:53:28 am »
Yeah, that would rock, because I never use genre, it's always wrong anyway.