Author Topic: How do I get a GM phatnoise catridge and cradle to work with Kenwood Phatnoise O  (Read 8090 times)

Offline oni

• A few posts under my belt.
Can some one please help me to get my Kenwood Headunit work with my 40gig GM catridge and cradle? I have the original Kenwood Phatnoise OS CD. How do I get the GM 40gig catridge and cradle to work with my Kenwood OS? Is there a way to change the firmware on the GM Catridge and cradle???

[Moderator note - moved to a more appropriate forum area.]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:25:21 am by Terry_Kennedy »

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
Can some one please help me to get my Kenwood Headunit work with my 40gig GM catridge and cradle? I have the original Kenwood Phatnoise OS CD. How do I get the GM 40gig catridge and cradle to work with my Kenwood OS? Is there a way to change the firmware on the GM Catridge and cradle???

Before you do anything that writes to the cartridge, please wait a few days for one of the other folks here to reply - the GM firmware is quite rare and someone may want the files for the site that serves the updates.

Also, I'm going to move this topic to the "Phatnoise Hardware Support" area where it is more likely to be noticed.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Nice catch Terry.

Oni, could you please make a backup of the files in PHTSYS and send them over to me so that I can compare them against GM files I have, just in case you have a version different than we already know about?

As for your original request.  You can use the DMS Tools (http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,2605.0.html) to perform a firmware update.  If you know which version of firmware is already on your box, you can uncheck the option 'reflash box' when doing so.  Also, please make sure you check the option 'install non-hacked firmware' if your box is not hacked.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline sage710

VorTechS, I would love to know if Oni's firmware is an updated version. I'm still not able to fix my GM Phatnoise system. I think it is the firmware on the box in my vehicle, 2006 Saturn Relay. Also, I forgot the name of the person you said has done some work or would like to look at a GM system. At this point I could send my whole system to someone who would be interested in looking at it and hopefully getting it running.

Thanks,
sage