Author Topic: Music Keg/DMS Dead after hacking DMS with larger drive  (Read 8412 times)

Offline macgyver70

Music Keg/DMS Dead after hacking DMS with larger drive
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:33:26 pm »
Well I am not sure here if my DMS is screwed or my keg, but here's the story.

I have a Kenwood music keg and a 20gb OEM DMS and 1.1 usb cradle. I downloaded the DMS repair/hack CD booted it and created new 80gb DMS from the original one. I put the original DMS in Keg and let it apply hack. I then put in the newly created 80gb DMS and all I got was red light on and green flashing. Head unit said eject. I tried to reset head unit and also unplug keg with same result. So I decided to put the original 20gb DMS back in keg this time the head unit would just scroll though disc numbers continuously. I removed the DMS after about 20 min of that and put it in the cradle. PC would not recognize the drive, I even tried another PC with same result. So I booted the repair/hack CD and it said that both partitions had errors that could not be fixed, so the only choice was format both partitions. I then went to windows and ran PMM and it said the DMS was not initialized and started the wizard, so I chose kenwood ver 13 firmware and ejected DMS and placed in keg. No lights at all. So I unhooked/re-hooked it and still no lights. I turned on head unit and back off then took out DMS and re-inserted it in keg and then red light and slow blinking green for a few seconds then it went to fast blinking green and red on.. I let it go for about an hour. It still was blinking the same. I then unhooked/hooked the keg cable and same lights again. Head unit has CD changer as a source for keg and when selected it just displays AUX EXT and no buttons will do anything.
 Anyone with some help on this?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Music Keg/DMS Dead after hacking DMS with larger drive
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 01:47:48 am »
sounds like the hack didn't complete.. you will need to look at the patchverify.log on the original dms in the log directory on phatsys and make sure it says everything is verified.

Offline macgyver70

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 05:44:14 pm »
I checked on the original DMS and I don't even have a log folder. I guess since the partitions got corrupted and the repair cd formated them. Do you think the keg is dead? Or might I try to add the patch to original DMS and try it again?

Offline macgyver70

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 06:08:49 pm »
I guess I do have a logfile. This is off the original DMS before corruption of the partitions, I guess I put it in the keg twice, Becouse I found this in a backup folder.
PatchVerify.log

Starting Patch Process
PhatPatch v0.4 - original code by bushing, additional patches by sbingner
Verifying:
Patch 1 @ 0bb8: make drive signature check always succeed: [bne verify_sig_failed -> bne PC+1]
Expected: 0000 1a00    Actual: 0000 1a00
Verified!
Patch 2 @ 0bec: make rc.sh signature check always succeed: [bne verify_sig_failed -> bne PC+1]
Expected: 0000 1a00    Actual: 0000 1a00
Verified!
Patch 3 @ 0c20: make phatd signature check always succeed: [bne verify_sig_failed -> bne PC+1]
Expected: 0000 1a00    Actual: 0019 1a00
Unverified!
Patch 4 @ 0c54: make linux signature check always succeed: [bne verify_sig_failed -> bne PC+1]
Expected: 0000 1a00    Actual: 000c 1a00
Unverified!
Patch 5 @ 0354: make ramdisk invalid signature return 0 instead of 0xFFFFFFFF: [movlne r0, 0xFFFFFFFF -> movlne r0, #0]
Expected: 0000 13a0    Actual: 0000 13e0
Unverified!
Patch 6 @ 0c80: make ramdisk signature check verify 0 instead of 1: [cmp r0, #1 -> cmp r0, #0]
Expected: 0000 e350    Actual: 0001 e350
Unverified!
Patch 7 @ 0358: make ramdisk valid signature return 0 instead of 1: [moveq r0, #1 -> moveq r0, #0]
Expected: 0000 03a0    Actual: 0001 03a0
Unverified!

Now the above log is not on the original DMS since it was corruped and the repair cd formated both partitions.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 08:35:15 pm »
You need to run the patch again, and keep running it until they all say "verified" -- probably just run it a few times.   If it gets stuck with the last output of:

Code: [Select]
Patch 6 @ 0c80: make ramdisk signature check verify 0 instead of 1: [cmp r0, #1 -> cmp r0, #0]
Expected: 0000 e350    Actual: 0001 e350
Verified!
Patch 7 @ 0358: make ramdisk valid signature return 0 instead of 1: [moveq r0, #1 -> moveq r0, #0]
Expected: 0000 03a0    Actual: 0001 03a0
Unverified!

You will need to currupt your ramdisk.sig then run it again.  To reiterate, you do not need to currupt your ramdisk.sig now assuming that output is correct.  If you get output as above, you do.   Also, if it will not give you any output, you should probably go ahead and corrupt it.

Offline macgyver70

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 06:45:23 am »
I ran patch on original DMS and out in keg I get red light and green a few blinks then green fast blink and red on solid. I let this go on for over an hour and pulled DMS from keg an it kept on blinking. I reinserted it into keg and no change so I unplugged keg and pluged back in........no lights untill I put DMS back in. same lights again. after another hour. So I put DMS in usb cradle to check log file. I noe have log folder but only one file exsists in folder called logshere.txt. This makes it a little hard to check if anything is verified.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 08:22:00 am »
In that case, corrupt your ramdisk.sig

Offline macgyver70

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 04:07:57 am »
How do I corrupt the ramdisk.sig file? I renamed it also tried making a copy of it and opening it in notepad and adding a little text and saving. (but not ruining the original one) My log folder has no logs still just a logshere.txt file... Head unit still shows cd changer as a choice when selecting (not EXT HDD like it used to) and when cd changer is selected the display shows AUX EXT and thats it it's like standby. Also the keg somehow makes my sattellite tuner have no sound. but if I unplug keg I get my sound back from sattelite radio. ( I have a kenwood splitter) And yes I have tried hack with keg directly plugged into head unit. Still have red on and green fast flashing.. Is the keg even trying to boot? The only thing I have left is I made a ghost image of entire origional DMS when it was new and before hacked or any music or anything was done to it.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 05:23:58 am »
I'm not sure what your problem is, but the best way to corrupt your ramdisk is by using a different .sig file...  you could try creating a bootload.log using the directions posted elsewhere as well

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 03:56:11 pm »
are you using the original DMS to do the hack?  (is that where you are messing with the ramdisk.sig?)  because you have to load the hack files on the new DMS if you want to TRY using it but it is unlikely to work using the new DMS if the old DMS didn't complete the job.

Offline macgyver70

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 06:40:28 pm »
I am using the original DMS. I wanted to have a bigger DMS, but now I can't even get the original DMS to do anything but blink fast green and red solid. I have tried to corrupt ramdisk.sig but keg is still just blinking

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 10:59:08 pm »
do you have the bootload.log on phtsys?  whats it have in it?

Offline macgyver70

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 11:11:14 pm »
Ok, I got the original DMS working again (Thank you both for help) by copying phtsys and phtdta from a ghost image then hacking with cd. it played phathack sound. So I made a new larger DMS and it just scrolls through playlists or discs then says eject. I followed the repair hack cd.. I there somthing I can do to get this bigger one to work without formating it again and appileing hack to original and swapping drives in DMS ect..........?? Maybe copy some files off original DMS?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 11:38:04 pm »
sounds like the profiles directory is messed up on the phtdta partition

Offline macgyver70

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 05:43:45 am »
I tried to copy profiles from original DMS to new big DMS and still head unit just scrolls playlist and then says eject. I also tried PMM and loaded saved profile and still the same.. Is there a way to make this drive work without doing the whole hack process over again?

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 09:09:46 am »
All you need to do on the new drive is partition, format, load firmware and load songs.  The hack process is completely irrelevant to the new drive; the hack is all done on the PhatBox itself.

NOTE: That is assuming the hack actually completed.  I haven't seen your PatchVerify.log

Offline macgyver70

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 06:09:16 pm »
Sorry,

Yes the hack log showed all verified. I did a format of new DMS and copied all music firmware...and now it works! must have had something corrupt on it.. THANKS again!