Author Topic: I need DMS help (Audi)  (Read 6509 times)

Offline Typhoon1

I need DMS help (Audi)
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:55:32 pm »
I have a PB installed in my 06 Audi A4. It stopped working the other day and nothing would recognize the DMS. After doing some basic hardware/software troubleshooting I ended up reformatting both partitions of the DMS. I could not get a firmware load from the Phatnoise Website so I loaded the most recent Audi firmware version from this site. PMM now sees the DMS but wants to configure the uninitialized unit. I get to the first screen and am told the unit is not setup for any headunit. It wants me to select a headunit but the field is blank ("There are no items loaded."). I am given an option to check the Phatnoise Website for updates however, this does not work (I guess Phatnoise has a problem keeping their webserver up??). Can someone tell me what I need to do to get my DMS functioning? Thanks!

Offline beckfield

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Re: I need DMS help (Audi)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 08:51:58 pm »
I don't have a solution to the problem, but I thought I'd let you know this:  Although their website is in disrepair, and even their support request form doesn't seem to be getting to them, I have found Phatnoise support to be fairly responsive when I email them at phatnoise@harman.com.

If you don't get a solution here, you might try them.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:36:12 pm »
Sounds like you need to load the firmware onto the DMS from http://downloads.phathack.com/firmware

Offline Typhoon1

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 05:14:39 am »
I don't have a solution to the problem, but I thought I'd let you know this:  Although their website is in disrepair, and even their support request form doesn't seem to be getting to them, I have found Phatnoise support to be fairly responsive when I email them at phatnoise@harman.com.

If you don't get a solution here, you might try them.

I tried the update last night and it looks like my issue is solved. Their server was up and I was able to get the list of headunits. Thanks for the information. I did try their support email at a different address with no response. I will save this address for any future problems.

Offline Typhoon1

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 05:18:48 am »
Sounds like you need to load the firmware onto the DMS from http://downloads.phathack.com/firmware

I did load the firmware from the site you listed. I still ended up with a blank space where the list of headunits was suppose to be. My problem is now solved as I was able to get what I needed. The webserver was up last night and I was able to get the Audi headunit. Thanks.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 08:21:24 am »
That has nothing to do with the blank space in PMM - that means nothing.  As long as the right firmware is on the DMS, everything will work fine