Author Topic: Now why would the older Music Manager 2.30 recognized my DMS in Vista, but.....  (Read 4373 times)

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
the newer Media Manager 3.92 not see it at all? Everything loaded fine and it seem to install without a hiccup but once you start Media Manager 3.92 I get a message saying "error setting Registry Key. Error Code 6. Please call customer service".

Is there possibly something that someone could look at in the registry to determine what's not getting set? It kinda seems like a small problem that could be fixed but I somehow don't think we're/I'm going to get any help from Phatnoise. And yes I've already contacted them and they said they can't do anything until "Microsoft" issue some backward compatibility patch. I just think that Phatnoise could make a minor change and everything would work perfectly, but I could be wrong.
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
unlike the older PMM releases I am pretty sure that 3.92 looks for the keys on the drive so it may be doing some non standard disk access calls that don't work under vista.. thats just a guess though.