Author Topic: Install CD's needed  (Read 4354 times)

Offline madmike269

• Mahna Mahna!!
Install CD's needed
« on: April 08, 2007, 12:08:12 pm »
Hey folks been offline awhile and not really following the forum much. I recently lost a harddrive and then decided to upgrade to Vista. I went to re-install all my Phatnoise drivers and everything but I can't locate the cd's. I think they fell prey to my kids... Anyone kow where I can download a copy? If I recall correctly there is a difference between the version you can down load from phatnoise and the version shipped with the units. Or is there?

Thanks!
Mike

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
Re: Install CD's needed
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 12:55:03 pm »
Mike,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.  There is indeed a difference between the CD version of the software and the downloadable version.  The CD version provides  licensed use of the supplied encoder algorithms to the purchaser of the Phatbox hardware, whereas the downloaded version is time limited.  For this reason, regretably, the forum cannot point you to anywhere that you can simply download the software (frankly, I don't know of anywhere either).  The problem you will face is that you will also struggle to get any support direct from Phatnoise.  Your best bet is to continue to see if your own original can be found, or perhaps to post a message in the Buying and Selling part of the forum.

Good luck,

Les.

Offline madmike269

• Mahna Mahna!!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 04:47:52 pm »
Thanks Les I'm still diggin around the office and hope that it turns up and didn't fall prey to a game of frisbee with the kids. You would be surprised at some of the uses two little girls can come up with for old cd's.

My best,
Mike

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 06:45:53 am »
Hope no-one minds, I'm going to try and move this into the right place! ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)