Author Topic: can't switch from VW to kenwood  (Read 3639 times)

Offline oncl_fab

can't switch from VW to kenwood
« on: April 19, 2007, 07:24:10 am »
Hello, last year i buyed a VW phatbox to use with my aura cd (seat leon).
but i wanted to change head unit for a dvd touch screen etc...
i ask the retailer (ebay bitlook) what possibility i had, he said kenwood with the right cable and firmware update, or sony with modification and cable.
i choosed kenwood (no nedd to send him box), i purchased the cable and a wonderful kvt627dvd.
but, first time i tried to use it, after firmware updating via music manager, power and green led don't stop to flash, without end, i had to take of dms (arg) to stop.
after contacting the dealer, he told me to try to erase the part PHSYS, and to re-update firmware.
i put dms in phatbox, allright, led flash 3-4 mn and stop (i told myself "cool"!)
i turn on head unit, select "ch changer" and... nothing, no list, no sound, nothing
i select another source, and try to come back to changer and... cd changer no more available, like if nothing were connected.
i tryed everything, many update, manual update by just copy the files, turn on head unit and reset it after update, reset box before update, ch changer come back sometimes in the menu, but after selecting it, still nothing and it disapear.
sometimes i saw led flash 1 sec when selecting ch changer, on power off, still nothing, like it test and detect nothing...
i don't know what to do (cable connected, phatbox powered), update done, what the problem?
please help!

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: can't switch from VW to kenwood
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 09:06:03 am »
You need to make sure it's updated then turn OFF the kenwood head unit... when it comes up and detects it it should say "HDD EXT" not cd changer...

If you DO have the proper cable, it should be as simple updating your firmware to kenwood and doing that... if it's not working there's probably something wrong... you could try replacing your rc.sh files with the debug files from http://downloads.phathack.com/bushing/rc_pairs.zip then looking in logfile.txt

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 09:19:53 am »
One thing I noticed when I switched to a new Kenwood Head Unit is that you need to let the Keg/Phatbox update for a good 10 minutes or so, then disconnect and re-connect the keg to the head unit with the engine OFF.

After that, the unit seemed to pick up the HDD Changer.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline oncl_fab

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 10:03:09 am »
ok thanks for answering, i'll try the both, replace files for log, and disconnect/reconnect phatbox engine off after update.

i just tried, still don't work, head unit don't even detect phatbox.
log file too long to be posted, i'll try with level one.
thx

can somebody tell how to send a log file (2.25mo)? thx
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 11:28:22 am by oncl_fab »