Author Topic: NewDMS.bat replacement nearly done...  (Read 4573 times)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
NewDMS.bat replacement nearly done...
« on: June 19, 2007, 01:22:32 pm »
So the new replacement for NewDMS.bat is almost done, subject to making it a little more robust and of course testing.

I've now merged the two processes - 'The Hack Wizard' and the 'Create New DMS' into one utility, which looks a little like this:

The 'Create New DMS' function requires an addition parameter, which is the firmware to load onto the DMS.

...and like the PhatNoise Media Manager firmware loader you can get detail about the selected firmware by selecting a firmware version:

All of this information is coming from exactly the same place as PhatNoise Media Manager gets it from, so it should remain as up-to-date as PhatNoise keep it.

The files are also downloaded from the PhatNoise site firmware site.  You'll see download progress and extraction process in the bottom right corner of the credit area.

As people have had problems in the past with requiring file extraction in a certain order - I've eliminated this by ensuring that the relevant files are extracted first, and the remainder copied onto the the DMS afterwards.

So unlike judb's excellent NewDMS.bat we now have the ability not only to create the new DMS according to the instructions we have built up over the last few years, but also create a new DMS on the fly for any given firmware.

This new replacement will also automatically copy the LBA version of the linux distro onto the DMS if you are using a disk over 127GB.

PhatNoise Media Manager appears to startup okay, albeit after a slight unnerving pause - and the acid test is yet to come, actually trying it in the PhatBox/Keg!

So, once things are all stable we'll again be looking for more people to add to the credits screen - so please let me know if you are willing to volunteer!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: NewDMS.bat replacement nearly done...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 02:05:29 pm »
looking good my friend!