Author Topic: Semi dead phatbox!  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Wise_Owl

• PhatHacker
Semi dead phatbox!
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:47:33 pm »
Hi,

I've posted on here a couple of times before and I admit to just hovering most of the time but now I need some assistance of my own, I've tried using the search but couldn't find a similar problem to this so...

My (hacked) phatbox has been working fine for the past 12m or so but recently I got back from a trip away and noticed that the car started on Radio instead of my MP3s (I never listen to the radio!).  Anyway, the HU wouldn't switch to the phatbox - not even getting a NO CD error or similar :-\.  When u look at the phatbox the red light is on permanently, even with ignition off, DMS out etc.  Checked the DMS and it appears to be fine under Windoze.  Taking it in / out of the phatbox doesn't stimulate any response either.

The final straw last night was getting to the car and finding a flat battery after just 2 days >:(.  I'm guessing this is linked to the phatbox drawing power continuously.

So, any suggestions as to how to go about fixing this (if it's possible?) would be much appreciated ;D.

TIA

Offline Wise_Owl

• PhatHacker
Re: Semi dead phatbox!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 12:48:15 pm »
Oh, and it's an Audi phatbox if that makes any difference!

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 11:50:39 pm »
Not sure what would do that/.... putting forceupdate on the dms may help... and disconnect power for a moment first

Offline Wise_Owl

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:42:05 am »
Sorry for delayed reply, it seems that disconnecting the power was all that it needed, it's back up and working now.  Absolutely no idea what caused it in the first place though ???.  Hmm