Author Topic: BMW Blitzsafe Phatnoise Adapter Modifications  (Read 3757 times)

Offline totokindom

BMW Blitzsafe Phatnoise Adapter Modifications
« on: March 20, 2008, 01:00:54 pm »
I am still having the "CD CHECK" lock up with my Phatnoise in a 2006 BMW X3. I have tried different versions of the firmware and no luck. I purchased the Blitzsafe adapter new form Blitzsafe with the 5V modification for the Phatnoise. Below is a quote form Blitzsafe.

"Our original idea that PhatNoise was further altering our interface to work with their units was correct. We have yet to find out exactly what they did. I do not believe our engineers will be able to figure it out. Sorry for the bad news"

Does anyone know of any other modifications Phatnoise did to the adapter? I have tried more than one Phatnoise/Blitzsafe with the same results. Both adapters had the 5V mod and I did not notice any other changes.

It would be great to install this system but I am not going to if its not working properly.

Thanks

Offline az1324

• Getting the hang of things.
Re: BMW Blitzsafe Phatnoise Adapter Modifications
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 10:07:22 am »
they are lying the only mod was the 5v on v.1 adapters.  v.1a is not compatible.  2006 maybe the headunit is different.

Offline totokindom

Re: BMW Blitzsafe Phatnoise Adapter Modifications
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 01:29:40 pm »
OK There had to be some other type of modification made by Phatnoise to the Blitzsafe adapter before they were shipped. I wonder if they switched out the ROM chip with a modified version for use with Phatnoise?

As I said before, I have now tried 3 different properly modified Blitzsafe adapters with 2 different Phatnoise systems with different versions of firmware and all get stuck with "CD CHECK" when using any of the 1 - 6 functions.

I am very surprised with all the usergroups I posted to no one has been able to give me a working solution.

Can the radio really be that different in a 06 BMW X3?

Thanks ???