Author Topic: Couldn't initialize SQL DB  (Read 4875 times)

Offline flyguy111971

Couldn't initialize SQL DB
« on: May 25, 2008, 05:19:05 pm »
Ok, next issue...

I have a 120 GB DMS that I've been using for about a year now. All of a sudden when I load it into the Phatnoise Media Manager it can no longer read it. After loading 25%, the popup of "Couldn't initialize SQL DB" comes up. I press OK and the PMM fails to read it. I'm not sure how this happened but I'm guessing it might be from improperly ejecting the DMS. When I load it with Phathack Media Manager it reads just fine and shows all my playlists. I tried using the rebuild database option in Phathack but that didnt work. I also tried reformatting the PHTSYS part of the disc, but that didn't work either. Do I need to just reformat the PHTDATA and start over? I'd hate to do that because I have about 150 discs on there. I would go ahead and just dump the Phatnoise Media Manager for Phathack Media Manager but the music loads extremely slow on that program for some reason. Any ideas?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Couldn't initialize SQL DB
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 06:17:36 am »
Define 'Music Loads really Slowly on that program'.

Do you mean when you transfer music from the program to the DMS - it's real slow?
If so, it's because you haven't set the 'Do NOT transcode' option in the options screen for the DMS device.  If it's something else, then let me know what, and I can take a look at it....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline flyguy111971

Re: Couldn't initialize SQL DB
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 07:48:38 pm »
I checked the "do not transcode" box but it still loads slow. I know I have the USB1 cradle but the Phatnoise MM seems to load the music a lot faster. I also like a couple other features on that original software that aren't included on the Phathack software. I like the option to name the playlist with the dropdown feature(Artist-Album).

It seems like it is coming along. It's just a bit buggy for me right now. When I tried to minimize the software it stopped responding.

I just would like to know why the Phatnoise can't Initialize the SQL DB and the Phathack has no problem with it. What is the SQL DB anyways?