Author Topic: VW PhatBox and 07 Honda Accord Navi HU??  (Read 4075 times)

Offline mars

VW PhatBox and 07 Honda Accord Navi HU??
« on: June 21, 2008, 12:26:37 am »
Hi all - and sincere apologies if this has been answered somewhere already. I've had a good search but cannot find the exact answer to my question.

So this is my first (and possibly last!) post if someone can answer me this:

My Skoda Octavia has been returned to the lease company having had my VW PhatBox installed for about 3 years. What a piece of kit it has been too (the Octavia AND the PhatBox!!). Am now on the verge of (very reluctantly  :() selling the PhatBox, but before I post it up on eBay, I just want to confirm that it cannot be connected to my new (2007 model) Honda Accord. The Accord is an 'EX' model, with the premium sound system/DVD Navi (unsure who makes this). I have managed to successfully connect an XCarLink USB/SD Card reader unit http://www.xcarlink.com/show_info.asp?product_ID=352 to the rear of the HU and while this solution is OK  :-\, it is no substitute whatsoever for the PB!!

So is there a cable I could use to connect this socket on the HU to the PhatBox and what sort of mods or hacks would the PhatBox need to work with the Accord HU?

Many thanks in advance for any responses

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: VW PhatBox and 07 Honda Accord Navi HU??
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 03:14:00 am »
There is no really good connection -- Sony was the closest I found, you could probably get it to work with the sony adaptor... if you do, make sure the sony adaptor is located physically close to the head unit, or it will randomly turn your phatbox off