Author Topic: Can,t get my dms initialized....  (Read 4871 times)

Offline mthecatlover

Can,t get my dms initialized....
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:35:01 pm »
Hello, everyone,

I am new to this forum, so I have questions....
Since my database of music is becoming larger I want to replace the 10gig disc for more.
I also have a 40gb disc that is working good, but too small.
Back to the 10gb disc.
Downloaded the hacktools version 2.12. So far so good. Still have to hack yet..
What I did...I read the disc out on linux, so I can see everything on it, on both partitions.
Nothing else.......
Now the musicmanager version 2.35 can,t initialize the dms.
Also the phatbox won,t recognize the dms.
The 40gb works just fine.
Is there a way to fix this problem? Or have I broke my disc?
It is an original disc!
Or can I hack the 40gb and make the 10gb back to work?
Hope someone has an solution
Thanks in advance, Marc
kdc-psw9527 khd-cx910 120gb
kdc-x869 khd-c710  120gb

Offline mthecatlover

Re: Can,t get my dms initialized....
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 02:23:19 pm »
Hi, guys

Have the problem solved. Both my dmss are in working order now.
Still have to hack the box, wich until now failed to the patch to verify on the box.
So I have to move on to another forum.
Marc

kdc-psw9527 khd-cx910 120gb
kdc-x869 khd-c710  120gb

Offline dsaffo1

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 05:33:26 pm »
i'm new to phatbox, i have a hacked box and i am trying to get a dms to work in it.  i did the install with pmm and vista (much thanks to help by the forum) and made a new dms with dms tools 2.12.  I am getting the same error message with pmm, about initializing the dms - it seems no files were written to the f: drive (its completely blank) what did u do to resolve your problem? Ive been playing with possibilities for about 6 hours and no luck.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 07:17:39 am »
Sounds like the tools failed to either create partitions, or something else.

Check in Vista's equivalent of 'My Documents\PhatHack Media Manager\Logs' and look at the log files in there for clues, or send them to me and I'll have a look for you (my e-mail address is on my profile).
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline dsaffo1

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 02:27:56 pm »
Thanks... in looking at the log files it appears that all files were reported written.  I was able to fix the problem by using repair dms (full) after using create dms to prepare the partitions (which didn't copy the files over but logs say it did), so could it be that Vista reports the files as being written, but after creating the partitions some error occurs with the write cache in Vista, and this problem was somehow reset when using the repair dms feature?  I have had some issues with my usb 2.0 cradle not working with my dms configuration (I will start a new thread) but I was using the tools at the time with an adapter after disassembling the dms.
BTW, I cant lavish enough praise upon the developers and the users of this site for their devotion to the phatbox, and their ingenuity with keeping on what has become like the tucker is to the automobile. I could go on, but enough - good work guys!!!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 02:37:39 pm »
There were originally problems with not picking up the correct drive details, so I'd be interested to see the log files anyway to see if this is still something that is present....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline dsaffo1

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 03:04:47 pm »
My log files are a little complicated, I was having some difficulty with an interface for my dms, but if you are still interested I will send them all to you - please check my new post under sata drives

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 09:40:30 pm »
Yes please send me the logs... I can work out what you did from them, which is the whole point of having them ;)