Author Topic: Testing Phatbox  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Bryangms

Testing Phatbox
« on: October 23, 2008, 10:27:14 pm »
My apologies if this is covered elsewhere,.....If it is I can't locate it.
I have connected up my phatbox but have no power. No lights show green or red. Is there any way I can test the phatbox unit outside of the car to check if its dead?
I have it connected through a blitzsafe unit which shows power both ends. The unit I have is for BMW and has the line in line out jacks, the head unit port and additional power port which is for DSP. I have not connected this as I don't have DSP in my vehicle. I only need connect the power through head unit socket and not the alternate port? I have taken off case and looked for obvious damage and nothing shows.

Thanks,

Bryan

Offline Edwards944

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: Testing Phatbox
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:36:10 pm »
I have exactly the same problem. I connected a brand new BMW Phatbox to my BMW X5 and I get nothing. How did you get the Phatbox unit apart? I took the 4 screws out on the bottom and the 2 screws out on the back, but it still doesn't come apart.

Offline Bryangms

Re: Testing Phatbox
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 03:32:36 pm »
To take it apart you have to gently lever off the plastic cover where the dms slides in which shows more screws. But I didn't see any damage and I have no idea what to test or to look for. I think I shall have to switch to the iPod/dice.