Author Topic: Weird hack...?  (Read 5035 times)

Offline MoussePad

Weird hack...?
« on: November 14, 2008, 03:37:25 am »
Hello guys,

I have used the PhatHack DMS Tools to try to hack my VW Phatbox.  The first time around, my box rebooted 3 times, said "Hack complete", then the tools said the patch failed.  Only the first 3 patches passed.  I said to myself, no biggie, I'll try it again.  To get it going again, I had to unplug my box to reset it completely, and now the patch went lightning fast, with no more reboots.  Something like "will now attempt to patch... Patch complete" and the tools say that it's complete now.

Is it really?  If the tools say so, it's done? Has it happened to anyone else? Or did I stumble on a bug?

Thanks for the answers :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:38:59 am by MoussePad »

Offline MoussePad

Re: Weird hack...?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 04:24:11 am »
Hello again guys,

I can confirm that the patch worked.  I found an old laptop HDD laying around.  Put it in my DMS cartidge, created a DMS with the tools, then threw a few MP3s on it, and my box began playing them.

So, if your patch didn't succeed, just keep trying, it'll get through eventually. :)

Thanks for the hard work, and the patch guys. :)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 07:51:54 am »
Unfortunately the hack itself doesn't generate the file it's meant to first time, that tells the Hack Wizard that the hack has succeeded, as long as you hear the message from the box, the box IS hacked.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline MoussePad

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 12:41:01 pm »
Great!  Here's the explanation for people stumbling on this thread... :)

Thanks for the reply VorTechs, and if you're counting the successful stories, then... +1 ;)