Author Topic: Have swapped before but new program doesnt work please help!  (Read 4253 times)

Offline heshel10

Have swapped before but new program doesnt work please help!
« on: January 23, 2009, 04:42:10 am »
 I swapped my orignal dms out for a 100G back in 05 but know I want to upgade to a 250. I dont know if im using it wrong, but no matter what I do I get some kind of error.  Either the windows program says that my phatnoise isnt genuine ( and it is i used my friends which has never been hacked) or if i use the old program it will say could not install flash drives. ??? I have my hacked dms AND a GENUINE dms and a blank hard drive i just bought. My operating system is different than in 05 i was using xp back then asnd vista now. Can someone please walk me through this or tell me what im doing wrong? Im begging somebody!!!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Have swapped before but new program doesnt work please help!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 07:07:26 am »
The problem is down to PhatNoise's mechanism of verifying an original drive in their software.  You may have to manually hack one of the DLLs in the software to enable your drive to work correctly with their software.

Alternatively you can put your trust in my replacement, PhatHack Media Manager....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)