Author Topic: Kenwood Headunits  (Read 4109 times)

Offline nvradtec

• I'm to old to grow up now
Kenwood Headunits
« on: January 31, 2009, 04:12:21 pm »
Hi peoples

I have a Kenwood KDC-X990 (2007 model) and a 910 music keg with a hacked 60 and 100 gig dms,
I am using an older version of the Music Manager software that came with my headunit (can't get 3.92 to work with the hacked DMS's), gonna try Phatnoise's 3.75 a bit later.

Question I have is and I'm sure its been covered before, When I go into the headunit setup
wizard it just sits there with a blank selection box, Is the software trying to go to the defunct
phatnoise site for updated headunit files? or is it looking at the DMS for the files? is there a work
around?

Also is there a setting that I'm missing so that the headunit will display 3 digits when I go past
"disk" 99 it it just starts over and the display shows P01 again.

Now I have to go figure out why the "voice" doesn't work on the last 4 "disks" i added, just get a voice saying corrupt file error message, but the tunes will play

Thanks guys
Steve

KDC-X991 USB HU, Sirius 902, Excelon 542 4 ch amp,  910 Keg, 100 and 160 GB DMS, Excelon 87 CD Changer, all through a 210 switch

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Kenwood Headunits
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 05:15:40 pm »
The answers to all your questions can be found using the search function of these forums -- more precisely by using "advanced search."

3.92 works with some hacked drives, doesn't work with others.  The only definitive workaround that has been found is if your drive happens to be a Samsung, in which case see:  http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,1581.0.html

3.76 works with all hacked drives, as far as I can recall.

Yes, the head unit setup does not work because the software is attempting to connect to servers that no longer exist.  As long as you have installed the correct firmware on your DMS (which can be done using the Phathack DMS Tools from this site), that doesn't matter anyway.

You can change the firmware settings on the DMS from within the Phatnoise software (tools/options/DMS firmware-plugins).  This includes the option to change the display from the default two digits to three digits.

If some voice prompts are not working, you can regenerate the voice prompts from within the Phatnoise software, which often corrects such problems.

Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline nvradtec

• I'm to old to grow up now
Re: Kenwood Headunits
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 08:43:11 pm »
Mark

Thanks for the insight, however after adding the 4 new "disks"
and doing a manual backup, the Fix Voice Prompts button is now
"greyed" out and wont function, so I'm going to restore my dms to
the last date before I added the new music and see what happens

Thanks
KDC-X991 USB HU, Sirius 902, Excelon 542 4 ch amp,  910 Keg, 100 and 160 GB DMS, Excelon 87 CD Changer, all through a 210 switch