Author Topic: Back on the case - everyone read please....!  (Read 5211 times)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Back on the case - everyone read please....!
« on: February 11, 2009, 07:51:15 am »
Folks, sorry if responses haven't been the greatest lately.

Anyway, life is settled again and I've just about recovered from a second chest infection which has been keeping me pretty much comatose these last few weeks.
So, I'll be back on the case of the new version of the tools over the next week or so.

I'll be using Visual Studio 2008 for this, which means people will need the .NET framework 3.5 on their machine if they don't have it already.  But this is good because it gives me the opportunity to address the issue of elevated execution rights for those running Vista.

I need to nudge Sam again on the GM firmware issue, but I'll build in a back URL to the new version of the tools so we'll see who gets their first eh?
For those eagerly awaiting the GM firmware availability... be aware there IS a chance things may not work right away.  The DMS tools for other firmware versions deploys certain files in a given order - but these files are NOT present in the GM firmware... so who knows what will happen! ;)

And if I recall correctly someone once asked for the missing Mazda firmware to be available as well.  Only problem I have there is that I seem to have mislaid the files  *cough*.  Sorry.  If you have the Mazda firmware please drop me a note and re-send me the files so that I can get that ball rolling.

Sorry for the continued delays guys.... but we will get there! ;)

And, I'll also start the ball rolling on the firmware learning side of things... see if we can't get a few answers from someone who is willing to help us as much as they can.
Not wanting to get anyone excited but I have managed to tap into an ex-PhatNoise resource ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)