Author Topic: Flummoxed: 160GB Disk No Longer Working  (Read 14820 times)

Offline InterMurph

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: Flummoxed: 160GB Disk No Longer Working
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 12:39:39 pm »
It's not that.  I removed & reinserted the power supply cable many times, and I was always very careful about inserting it all the way.

And besides, it works fine for Music Manager, but not for Media Manager!

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 05:26:43 pm »
You could always try my software PhatHack Media Manager and see if it gives you the same trouble?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 05:44:57 pm »
I just had exactly the same problem ("An unknown error occurred while accessing H:\CurrentSetup.xml") again four times in a row, even though everything worked fine (following the steps from my other post on 250GB drives) a week ago.

Here are the two things I noticed and fixed, one or both of which seem to have fixed the problem:
1. Windows did not mount the DMS partitions in sequence.  I had p:\phtsys and s:\phtdta.  That's definitely not right, so I used Windows Disk Management to change the phtdta drive letter to q:\phtdta.  (I don't know why this happened but could be because I occasionally use virtual drives.)
2. Autoplay was disabled on the hard drives.  I've seen various opinions about this, but from my experience when the autoplay dialog pops up after I attach my DMS, I know it's going to work.  So, I re-enabled autoplay.

After doing both, I rebooted, and following the usual procedure (start PMM first, then insert DMS) it works fine again.

So, InterMurph, you might want to check to see if you have either one of these issues and correct as needed.  This might get you going again.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:16:16 pm by markbowen »
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline InterMurph

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 07:49:59 pm »
You could always try my software PhatHack Media Manager and see if it gives you the same trouble?

I loaded this up, and found it too difficult to make a playlist.  Do you have a way of importing the 300+ playlists I have in Media Manager?

Thanks.

Offline InterMurph

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 08:09:26 pm »
So, InterMurph, you might want to check to see if you have either one of these issues and correct as needed.  This might get you going again.

Every time I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in!

My drives have always been mounted at consecutive letters (H: and I:).

I fiddled with the AutoPlay settings until both volumes got the "What do you want Windows to do?" prompt.

But it still gets the same error.

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 08:37:19 pm »
Every time I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in!

The PhatHack community resolves a significant majority of the issues raised by fellow members, so we do not easily accept failure.

Sorry these latest suggestions have not worked for you.  If I can think of anything else, I'll post it.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline InterMurph

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 11:57:42 pm »
I think I just figured out the difference between when it used to work and now.

I owned 2 Phatnoises, and when my Audi died, I sold it, including the DMS cradle I used.

Now, for the first time I am using the other DMS cradle.  Both are USB 2.0 cradles, and both work just fine with Music Manager.  But Media Manager hates this one for some reason.

Hopefully, it won't mind a 120GB disk in it; I'm prowling eBay now. 

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 02:28:33 pm »
I loaded this up, and found it too difficult to make a playlist.  Do you have a way of importing the 300+ playlists I have in Media Manager?

Thanks.

When you click on the DMS it should ask if you want to import media.  You should say yes to this.  The application will then scan the media and use the PBX files to generate playlists.  (Unfortunately it can't read the SQLite 2 databases).  If you don't have PBX files, then you can generate playlists from the current view.  So you could sort the media by 'Album' for example, check the items you want to generate playlists for and under the 'Playlist' menu you select the 'Create As Playlists' option.

You also need to make sure you go into the 'Options' screen, select your DMS and setup TTS preferences, and also check the option 'Do NOT transcode to this device'.  (Don't forget to hit save!)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)