Author Topic: Help with a Phatnoise and a DMS cartridge  (Read 8440 times)

Offline Cash

Help with a Phatnoise and a DMS cartridge
« on: March 07, 2009, 10:27:43 pm »
Hello , I am new here and hope someone can help me.

I have an original PhatNoise ( VA-012-PBOX rev- )and a DMS -020G rev B . This is installed in a VW 2000 TDI

Everything was working just fine until a few weeks ago. Then when you turn on the unit to play in the car it said " No Magazine " So I unplugged the DMS and tried it in the house on the PC and it seems to work just fine. I can add songs and remove songs and save etc...
Now when I put it back into the car , when you first plug it in both the red and green lights flash for a few seconds and then just the red light stays on for a few seconds and then they both just go off. At this point now when you go and try it in the car , it say's " No Changer "and does not work at all ?

At this point after having unplugging the PhatNoise player several times and replugging it back in etc.. no change . I took apart the player and did not see anything wrong with it put it back together and same problem.
I then thought it might be the cable so I checked for any broken wires etc... and still nothing ?

Any help or advise on how I can fix this problem to make it work again would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Help with a Phatnoise and a DMS cartridge
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:05:25 am »
It's probably a case of the DMS PHTSYS files having gone corrupt... fairly common.

Try download the DMS Tools and do a 'Repair (PHTSYS)', selecting the appropriate firmware.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 08:20:00 am by VorTechS »
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Cash

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 04:20:15 am »
Thank You

I will download the program and give it a try . Is there anything I should be careful with , as this is an original Phat Noise box and DMS cartridge and I don't want to mess it up even more than it already is.

Also how do I know what the correct firmware is ? Sorry I am very new to all of this.

Again Thanks ! I will let you know if it corrects the problem.

Do you know where I can purchase a new cable to connect the Phat Noise player to the car . Not sure if I will have to replace it as well ? I have a VW Jetta TDI 2000

Thanks !
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 04:22:22 am by Cash »

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 09:36:40 am »
Use PhatNoise Media / Music Manager to view the DMS properties, it should tell you which version of firmware is there...
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Cash

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 03:14:34 pm »
Use PhatNoise Media / Music Manager to view the DMS properties, it should tell you which version of firmware is there...

Thank You , I will let you know how it turns out.