Author Topic: Upon upgrading my DMS to a 100gb using the flash..  (Read 5725 times)

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
Upon upgrading my DMS to a 100gb using the flash..
« on: July 28, 2005, 04:56:00 pm »
I loaded all of my music which is about 55gb. All of my music copies fine, but when I go to Save & Eject DMS. It seems that it gets hung up with creating the voice prompts/track titles. My DMS plays in the phatbox fine and I even tried running Phatvoice and it got hung up to creating voice prompts.

I also run into the DMS can't be ejecting now, because something is accessing it. Try closing "my computer, Norton, Notepad, etc? I can't find what could be accessing it, I usually open Task Manager and close windows Media player which usually does the trick. But right now I don't what could be accessing it.

Has anyone else ran into this problem?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 06:09:13 pm by mts »
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com

Offline phatman

Re: Upon upgrading my DMS to a 100gb using the fla
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 09:56:08 pm »
I contacted Phatnoise regarding the PMM hanging when creating voice prompts.  This is what they sent me:
----------
We apologize for the problem you are experiencing. Please make sure you have an ATT voice selected from the Voice Prompts section under tools. Preview a voice and see if the PMM hangs. If it hangs, follow the instructions below:

Please close all other applications when generating voice prompts, especially anti-virus software. Any process running on your computer could be causing this problem. Please end all the processes running on your computer that are not Windows related in the Task Manager.

To do so,

-Hit Cntrl+Alt+Delete
-Click Task Manager
-Click the Processes tab
-Click End Process for all the processes that are not Windows related
--The processes you end should be under your User name (NOT the SYSTEM processes). You may end all processes under your user name EXCEPT
taskmgr.exe
and explorer.exe.

You should also go to your startup configuration and disable all unnecessary programs. To do so:

-Click Start>Run
-Type "msconfig" (no quotes)
-Click the Startup tab
-Uncheck all programs that should not be launched on startup -You may exit without restarting

If you continue to experience problems, please reinstall the PMM from the CD that came with your system. You may also download and install PhatNoise CAS Speech support from this link:
http://www.phatnoise.com/downloads/speech.msi

Please let us know if we may assist you further.

Best regards,

PhatNoise Customer Support
----------
Closing all other applications (as suggested) appears to eliminate PMM hanging while creating voice prompts.  I did not implement any other suggested fixes, since they seemed unnecessary.

I wrote back to Phatnoise support suggesting that disabling all owner processes was a sub-optimal solution (especially anti-virus). They replied:
"Unfortunately, PhatNoise has no control over the AT&T Natural Voices Engine and AT&T is not offering support for this product. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes you."