Author Topic: manualy german voice  (Read 7891 times)

Offline Medusa852

manualy german voice
« on: July 18, 2009, 06:35:10 pm »
how can i make that the pahtbox speak german with me?
i have only english spoken voice-samples.

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
Re: manualy german voice
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 09:14:08 am »
how can i make that the pahtbox speak german with me?
i have only english spoken voice-samples.

You could purchase additional AT&T Natural Voices from NextUp. Since the AT&T software that ships with the Phatbox is the 8KHz version 1.2x software, you'd need to purchase the Crystal+Mike 16KHz version 1.4x to get the basic voices, and then add (for German) either the Klara or Reiner voice.

Note that the non-English Natural Voices don't follow the MS Speech API perfectly, which means you won't be able to use phonetic hints in PhatVoice (which you may or may not be using).

NextUp - http://www.nextup.com/attnv.html
PhatVoice - http://www.tmk.com/PhatVoice
Voice samples - http://www.tmk.com/PhatVoice/samples

Offline Tristan

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 07:54:57 pm »
Hey and greetings from germany

I have just purchased a phatbox and installed it on my mfd navigation system - everything works fine -except the static Voice in the menue... Everything is in english..

There are many tutorials in the web where they say that i can "easily" change the Menü-language with the multilanguage plugin from the phatnoise.com website - but the links provided by the tutorials are no longer available.. damn! ;)

Where can i find those Plugin or how can force the phatbox to speak german with me ? :)

I hope u can help me - and sorry for my bad english ;)

greetings.. Tristan

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 02:19:27 am »
I have just purchased a phatbox and installed it on my mfd navigation system - everything works fine -except the static Voice in the menue... Everything is in english..

There are many tutorials in the web where they say that i can "easily" change the Menü-language with the multilanguage plugin from the phatnoise.com website - but the links provided by the tutorials are no longer available.. damn! ;)

Where can i find those Plugin or how can force the phatbox to speak german with me ? :)

I believe that all of the official Phatnoise stuff disappeared once they stopped selling the Phatbox.

It is possible that someone here has a copy of the plugin and can help you.

If not, it should be possible to translate the most common voice prompts and generate new speech for them. One way would be to use the demo server. Just select either the Klara or Reiner voice and enter the text you want spoken. It will give you a link to right-click on to download the file.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 07:40:01 am »
I have made the plugin available on the phatnoise.us website, but you'll need to register first.
The OP has confirmed that the plugin works fine, although I think the static TTS files (Now browsing etc) need to be regenerated.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 08:04:47 am »
The OP has confirmed that the plugin works fine, although I think the static TTS files (Now browsing etc) need to be regenerated.

Just out of curiousity, what does the plugin do, if not providing native-language prompts?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 06:36:56 am »
I think the issue was about voice matching, not that it didn't generate them.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)