Author Topic: How do I know if my DMS is gone?  (Read 8282 times)

Offline Carlos Ruben

How do I know if my DMS is gone?
« on: July 21, 2009, 03:49:02 am »
My PB is not doing anything. I tried to fix my DMS with Hack Tools and I accidentally clicked on create a new DMS and that is when I started messing it up. I lost 37gb of music. When I tried to use my PB it only showed a red light at first and then it went out after a few seconds. Then after I reflashed the DMS, both the red & green light came up for a while. Then both went out. The PB was erratically alternating between lights off, green, green & red, red then nothing etc.

So I tried formatting the DMS with windows and it would not let me. It found error and I chose to fix it. Then I tried partition magic. I deleted and recreated the PHTDTA partition. All I was trying to do was to recover my music (PM has a partition recovery tool).

Finally, I tried the Hack Tools repair and it failed several times. Then I used PMM to erase the music from the DMS. After I did that HT allowed me to repair the PHTSYS partition. Still nothing happened when I tried to use the PB.

I know this is very convoluted and I apologize. I just need to know if I messed up my PB, or my DMS, or both and how can I tell. Thank you very much!!!

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
Re: How do I know if my DMS is gone?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 06:09:11 am »
try creating a bootload.log and booting with that on the DMS, see if it tells you anything... otherwise describe what the lights do now with the DMS in.  Have you hacked your phatbox yet?  If not and you corrupted your DMS signature, you'll need to find somebody who can fix it for you.