Author Topic: second hand phatnoise advice  (Read 5155 times)

Offline willtay

second hand phatnoise advice
« on: September 02, 2009, 06:37:18 pm »
Hi guys I have recently brought a second hand tt and i was lucky to have a phatnoise with it as well.
I however dont have a cd and through a little investigation understand that i firstly need a cd and someone told me the DMS cartridge will only work in the previous laptop. Is this correct? What do i need to do in total? Do i just need a cd and the cartridge will work in my laptop?
Many thanks Will

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: second hand phatnoise advice
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:19:10 am »
What you need is the management software.  As long as your cradle is a USB 2.0, it should work on your laptop assuming its running XP or above.
Plugging the cradle into the laptop and then inserting your DMS into it should result in you seeing two new drives added to the system labelled PHTSYS and PHTDTA.

If you pop over and register at phatnoise.us, you can grab PhatNoise Media Manager which is essentially the management software that was on the CD you were told about.  Look in the downloads section (only available when registered) for the 'NO ACTIVATION' version.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)