Author Topic: KHB-USB1 not recognized by vista ??? help  (Read 6399 times)

Offline domie

KHB-USB1 not recognized by vista ??? help
« on: November 28, 2009, 04:40:59 pm »
I have changed puters and now my new Dell will not "see" my cradle. 
I'm not real good with puters so I have no idea what to do.  If anyone has a fix and will reccommend it . . please spell it out step by step.
I'm putting my Phatbox in my truck and really want to change my music around.

help!

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
Re: KHB-USB1 not recognized by vista ??? help
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 06:17:51 pm »
I have changed puters and now my new Dell will not "see" my cradle. 
I'm not real good with puters so I have no idea what to do.  If anyone has a fix and will reccommend it . . please spell it out step by step.

I don't believe there ever were any Vista (or later) drivers released for the older USB1 cradles.

Just a few posts down here, we're talking about making some new circuit boards for the inside of the cradle which would work under Vista and newer operating systems. All the votes so far have been from people with USB 2 cradles, but feel free to vote.

Other people may be able to tell you if the USB 2 cradle will work on Vista. There's a couple available on eBay at the moment.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:01:01 am »
There are NO USB 1.1 drivers available for Vista.  I have tried to get together with Cypress (manufacturers of the relevant chipset) to get a resolution to this, but I've just not had time to nail it down, and they keep closing the incident within a day.

The USB 2.0 cradle DOES work with Vista.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 08:39:36 am »
There are NO USB 1.1 drivers available for Vista.  I have tried to get together with Cypress (manufacturers of the relevant chipset) to get a resolution to this, but I've just not had time to nail it down, and they keep closing the incident within a day.

Do you want me to try? They've been pretty responsive to me (though my first contact with them was to report an error in the ATA2LP datasheet ;D).

The last release of those drivers was the 6.01 release in 2003 (link - don't believe the 2008 dates in the article).

I could ask them about releasing the source code (a lot less work for them than making them work with Vista themselves). I don't know if we could redistribute the source or if it would be under an NDA. I also don't know if they have complete sources - they inherited the ISD-200 from In-System Design.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 08:59:16 am »
Do you want me to try? They've been pretty responsive to me (though my first contact with them was to report an error in the ATA2LP datasheet ;D).

The last release of those drivers was the 6.01 release in 2003 (link - don't believe the 2008 dates in the article).

I could ask them about releasing the source code (a lot less work for them than making them work with Vista themselves). I don't know if we could redistribute the source or if it would be under an NDA. I also don't know if they have complete sources - they inherited the ISD-200 from In-System Design.

They released later ones which they claimed supported the ISD 200 with specific Vista support (I only found this out through the case I opened), I don't recall the version number ... but I think 6.13 springs to mind.  They completely lacked the relevant hardware IDs, and when I inserted the relevant ID's and mapped everything together to the correct files (as per old drivers) the result was 'Error 10: Hardware could not be started' (or something similar).

Let me dig out the case ID I had open for it, and find you the drivers (perhaps even the amended ones if I still have them) - and you are more than welcome to keep it moving along, in case they do get us a fix for it!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 09:04:17 am »
Terry,

I've found everything you need in the case - I will PM you the relevant details.

Offline GundamWZero

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 03:00:15 am »
Wait a second....my KHD-USB 1 cradle worked fine under Vista...only issue I had was that I has to wait until it completely stop working after loading music onto it.

Now that I jumped to Windows 7, now that is a whole different ball game: The drivers, nor the cradle, will not work at all.

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 03:52:25 am »
Wait a second....my KHD-USB 1 cradle worked fine under Vista...only issue I had was that I has to wait until it completely stop working after loading music onto it.

Now that I jumped to Windows 7, now that is a whole different ball game: The drivers, nor the cradle, will not work at all.

There were 4 different chipsets used between the USB1 and USB 2 cradles. I can certainly believe that one of them behaved differently
under Vista. Even the latest USB 2 cradle doesn't work with all drives under 7.