Author Topic: Home Media Player software/firmware update?  (Read 7969 times)

Offline TCV007

Home Media Player software/firmware update?
« on: December 01, 2009, 11:14:29 pm »
Does anyone know if there has ever been an update for the Phatnoise Home Media Player?The remote has extra buttons for later features that they say would work after a future update of software or firmware.It has been years since this player has been in production.Now Phatnoise themselves is out of business,and bought out by Harmon Industries,which can't help anyone with these related issues.They just send you to the Phatnoise website,and they don't have that info either.I believe my software version may be V1.2.Thanks in advance.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Home Media Player software/firmware update?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:19:01 pm »
That's the last version they ever released.  I just stumbled upon files I took from their FTP site a while ago, and version 1.2 is what I have!
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline TCV007

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 02:58:27 am »
Hate to bother you with an old post but,do you possibly have a copy of the firmware for the Home Player?If so,can you post it?Just thinking,if i ever needed to put it in fresh because of an error with the player,I'd be screwed with no backup.Then the player is good for the garbage for sure.Thanks for any help.

P.S. How they don't update a firmware that they were suppose to,so long ago,is beyond me.They didn't go out of business until years later.There's so many features you can't use without the update.It was at least cool when it first came out. >:(

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 01:46:19 pm »
When I am back in work (Tuesday) I'll pop the firmware on to phatnoise.us in the downloads section.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 09:01:34 am »
Finally, I managed to find out where I secretly put the firmware for the player after accidentally coming across it looking for something else!

You can Click here to download it!

Sorry it has taken so long!  :o