Author Topic: Can someone hack my Music Keg?  (Read 9557 times)

Offline vcarangelo

Can someone hack my Music Keg?
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:19:48 pm »
Long story short...replaced hdd in my DMS with a larger drive, repartitioned and formatted old one before reading this forum, so I'm stuck with a non-working unit.  Can someone help me with this?  I would really appreciate the help.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Can someone hack my Music Keg?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 08:37:52 am »
It might help if you mention where you are in the world.... ;)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline vcarangelo

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 11:09:43 pm »
Sorry about that...I'm located in Western North Carolina.

Offline vcarangelo

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 07:47:09 pm »
hadn't checked my post in a while... looks like nobody out there can help??  Please let me know if anyone can help with this...

Offline jukebox

hacking problem
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:01:18 pm »
pls pls is some body live in holland(noord holland )hoe can help me hack mij jukebox am going crazy
drive in volvo s60 2001 model

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 08:39:00 am »
Isn't the jukebox a completely different product, nothing to do with the PhatBox?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 11:58:18 pm »
Isn't the jukebox a completely different product, nothing to do with the PhatBox?
No - it'a basically the same (which is why one can use a Phatbox in its place).  A key difference is that the Volvo version which they sold as an accessory known as the Digital Kukebox has a different boot memory and so the patch data required to hack the box is different.  If I recall, I thought that your tools took account of the possible differences and patched approriately.  The original patch tools did not, and then I think it was Sam who created a variant which would work.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 07:10:13 am »
The tools doesn't make any distinctions between boxes that I can remember, only between the need for LBA for the discs....so I guess whatever variances are built into the patch itself.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 07:08:27 pm »
Yes, the patcher itself checks a few bytes to see which variant it is and applies the patch accordingly

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 07:39:41 am »
OT I realise, but Sbingner - so that we all know, is there anything built-in for the GM unit?

I'm guessing the answer is no... but a lot more are cropping up with support issues lately so wanted to be sure... ;)

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 08:03:43 pm »
I've never seen a GM unit -- if we can dump the ROM and it's similar it wouldn't be hard to integrate though

Offline sef

Re: hacking problem
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 11:02:57 pm »
pls pls is some body live in holland(noord holland )hoe can help me hack mij jukebox am going crazy
drive in volvo s60 2001 model

Hey Jukebox,

I understand you lost your original DMS and cannot hack the PhatBox/Jukebox now.
I could help you since I still have my original 20GB hdd that came with the Volvo system.
Bring you car, laptop, DMS cartridge, USB cradle and a new hdd and we'll give it a try here.
I will ask VorTechS to help me with the plan how to hack your box.

Cheers, S.