Author Topic: Mac and/or Unix Support  (Read 5694 times)

Offline mydigitalvoid

Mac and/or Unix Support
« on: August 02, 2005, 03:57:34 pm »
I'm looking to get a phatbox for my car. I however am not a windows person. I have a mac and a unix computer so, unless there is a way to get songs from them to the phatbox, I won't be able to get this which would suck because it seems like a really cool product. I've seen that there was at one point support (unofficial) for Mac and Unix, but this no longer seems to be the case.

-Dustin

Offline RobM

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: Mac and/or Unix Support
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 08:31:32 pm »
The USB 2.0 cradle (all later phatboxes) works perfectly with Linux and OS X (and other usb-storage capable OSes).

I've been using mine under Linux for a while with no trouble, but with no fancy UI (I've been using shell scripts to build the appropriate files).

Offline hamfist

Re: Mac and/or Unix Support
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 04:21:08 pm »
The USB 2.0 cradle (all later phatboxes) works perfectly with Linux and OS X (and other usb-storage capable OSes).

I've been using mine under Linux for a while with no trouble, but with no fancy UI (I've been using shell scripts to build the appropriate files).

i'm looking to buy a PN but need to know that i can use it with my mac.  i understand i won't be able to use the protected aac format.  how is it that you transfer songs to the PN  on the mac? is it drag and drop?