Author Topic: Phatnoise Music Manager stuck in 30 Day Trial Mode  (Read 9979 times)

Offline Heretic86

Phatnoise Music Manager stuck in 30 Day Trial Mode
« on: January 04, 2010, 05:28:33 pm »
Got a new computer after Phatnoise apparently closed its doors.  Now I'm stuck with an unregistered version and cant encode mp3s (Im no longer in the 30 day trial period any more).  Im using MUSIC manager, not that piece of crap Media Manager.  The valid legit licenced serial doesnt work when I tried to plug it in, and when I tried to call Harman Karden (they took over the Phatnoise project) they dont support it at all.

Any suggestions?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Phatnoise Music Manager stuck in 30 Day Trial Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 07:48:38 pm »
http://phatnoise.us, register and then check the downloads section for the 'No Activation' version of the software :)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Heretic86

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 02:10:32 am »
Fantastic!

When I called PhatNoise a while ago and got ahold of Harman Karden, they gave me a link to the NO REGISTER version of Media Manager, not Music Manager, so even they arent trying to push the register version on people any more.  I wasnt aware of the NO REGISTER version and the guy I talked to didnt have a link for the Music Manager version...

I appreciate the help.

Offline Heretic86

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 11:44:25 am »
Bah!  New problem!  Dont ask why I didnt try to run the NO REGISTER version of the program when I first got it, call me lazy, whatever.

When I run the NO REGISTER installer, I get this:

Notice

Achive integrity check failed

The expected setup file is 379,676,324 bytes
The actual setup file size is 133,236,148 bytes

Setup aborted.

Strange because the file size is 127 megs, give or take a bit for 8 bits in a byte, etc, conversion...

How do I get around that?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 11:54:42 am »
Try downloading the file from the other mirror, if it's available.  If not, I'll try and re-upload the file.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline Heretic86

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 06:27:47 am »
Ok, the UK mirror worked.  I downloaded both and apparently the US Mirror is about 127 megs, the UK mirror was the right file size.  So looks like you'll probably need to re-upload the US mirror one at some point.

Thanks!