Author Topic: Phatbox VW HELP !!!  (Read 5892 times)

Offline JettaJoe

Phatbox VW HELP !!!
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:48:24 pm »
Before I could even apply the hack; I stuck my DMS in the dock and couldnt access PTHSYS so I reformated and download firmware from PMM. Still box would not work(boot) I tried formatting with phathack an no luck.

Phat box
1 Red Light Comes on
2 Green Light Solid for 2 seconds
3 Green Light Blinks slow 3 times
4 Green Light Blinks RAPID

vw radio says no changer

I tried a copy of linux.sig rename to ramdisk.sig didnt work
DMS tools didn't work

This box is not leaving a bootlog or anything. just keeps repeating. left it for 20 min still not working.

is this because it is my original DMS and the drive had a hickup ? and I had to format DMS pthsys ???
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:50:27 pm by JettaJoe »

Offline vwaudiboy

Re: Phatbox VW HELP !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:56:05 pm »
From what I understand if you formated phtsys at any point you loose your signature file that allows the unhacked DMS to start up. Without this file from an original DMS (or a back up copy of yours) you are stuck and need to get an original DMS so you can hack your box. Wish I has better news for you.

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:59:10 am »
From what I understand if you formated phtsys at any point you loose your signature file that allows the unhacked DMS to start up.

Actually, the magic bits are outside of both partitions (but can definitely be damaged if you re-partition or format the entire drive).

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:32:14 am »
If a bootload.log doesn't exist, create a file with that name (it doesn't have to have any content) and then boot the box again.
Once done, check the file and post it here....
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)