Author Topic: DMS Help  (Read 4672 times)

Offline JettaJoe

DMS Help
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:24:12 am »
My original DMS went down wiped the whole disk i am taking it the 1st mb with the electronic varification is gone so DMS no longer works.  I get red light then green light 3 times then rapid green light.. Tried all posts to green light rapid flash nothing worked. PB not hacked yet.

can some one send me IMAGE of their whole DMS Original in an image so i can restore to my DMS to fix my phatbox with hack!!! ???

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
Re: DMS Help
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 08:34:50 am »
can some one send me IMAGE of their whole DMS Original in an image so i can restore to my DMS to fix my phatbox with hack!!! ???

It doesn't work that way - the magic signature is specific to the particular drive's serial number.

You'll either need to have someone hack your box (helps to post your location) or purchase a replacement genuine DMS.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 08:37:32 am »
It won't help, the 1mb contains a unique signature for that drive....and as yet we haven't gotten the relevant key to be able to unlock this.

Rapid flashing doesn't sounds like the usual boot failure.  I read in another post you used the DMS tools, and here you mention wiping the DMS.

What EXACTLY did you do, and in what order?  
What options did you choose when using the DMS tools?  
Did you repair the DMS, leaving the 'reflash box' option checked and then apply the hack without putting the DMS back in the box first? (As this won't work)

The important thing to know is that, unless you partitioned the disk yourself, you won't have touched the important signature.
If you have PHTSYS/BootLoad.log, post it up.  If you don't, create the file with that name on the DMS and go and try boot the box again and post the results.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline cbenisch

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 01:19:34 pm »
I am new to this site and trying to find the best place to start.  I have a Volvo factory unit that is as it was from the factory.  I recently purchased a DMS on-line that is for GM.  I would like to know where to start so that I can learn how to get the GM unit working just like my Volvo unit with same prompts, voices and options.  Once I can do that so that I have a duplicate drive I would like to buy a larger drive for the GM unit and create a new DMS with the Volvo support on that drive.

I have media manager 3.92 and would like to make sure I get the right version of the needed tools and where to begin reading to learn how to do this correctly to avoid loosing what I already have.  I plan to keep the Volvo unit as it is if possible to always have something to go back to.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.