Author Topic: DMS Tools 2.3 Does Not Detect DMS  (Read 4839 times)

Offline drhendrix

DMS Tools 2.3 Does Not Detect DMS
« on: March 04, 2010, 05:36:38 pm »
Hello,

I have a KHD-CX710 with the original 10 gig drive and USB 1.1 Cradle.  I successfully hacked the DMS and the Keg Unit with Phathack DMS Tools 2.2 a few months ago.

Everything was working fine until this past Tuesday when I noticed that the PhatNoise MM was reporting the drive as nearly full, when it really is not.  Even if I delete a lot of files, the MM still sees the drive as nearly full.  I can copy a few files to the drive and play them in the head unit, but not many.  I can view the PHTSYS and PHTDATA partitions in XP.

I ran Phathack DMS Tools 2.2, which could detect the DMS, but could not access it.  I removed DMS 2.2 and installed 2.3, which always reports, “No DMS Devices were found.”  I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the PhatNoise MM and DMS Tools 2.3 and unplugging and reconnecting the Cradle and DMS in various ways without any difference.

I ran the PhatNoise DMS Doctor tests and all tests were OK except the File System, which reported the following error:

“Fail: Could not find system file K:\<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC”-

The PhatNoise troubleshooting tips recommend updating the firmware, but I’m not sure about that because my unit is hacked.

Could someone please suggest what I could try at this point?

Thanks for any help.
Dennis

Here is the text from the Phathack Media Manager Log directory.

Starting Device Listing....
   Getting Device Snapshot....

Win32_Drive List
----------------
      Error occured during drive snapshot:
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.Array'.
   at PhatDriveSnapshot.DriveSnapshot.TakeDriveSnapshot(String Logdir, String Logfile)
   Succeeded....enumerating devices....
No suitable devices returned by WMI!

Win32_Drive List
----------------
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.Array'.
   at PhatDriveSnapshot.DriveSnapshot.TakeDriveSnapshot(String Logdir, String Logfile)

Win32_Drive List
----------------

Win32_Drive List
----------------

Win32_Drive List
----------------

Win32_Drive List
----------------
KHD-C710 with a KCA-R71FM hardwired in a 99 C5 Vette

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: DMS Tools 2.3 Does Not Detect DMS
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:23:55 am »
I'm assuming you mean 2.13 and 2.12 in terms of version numbers.  I have recovered the 2.13 source code from the DMS I backed it up to before my machine re-installation and will take a look at the issues with 2.13.

Quote from: drhendrix
I ran Phathack DMS Tools 2.2, which could detect the DMS, but could not access it.

Could you explain what you mean by this in the meantime?

Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline drhendrix

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 09:28:45 pm »
Thanks for the reply VorTech.  Yes, I meant 2.12 and 2.13.  I have uninstalled 2.13 and the Phatnoise MM and formatted the the PHTDTA partition.  I then reinstalled DMS Tools 2.12 and PMM. 

I can run the hack wizard on the DMS with 2.12 now.  However, I haven't reinstalled 2.13.

Also, I can copy files to the DMS with PMM again.  I haven't filled it close to capacity yet, but it seems to work for now.

One question though.  Can I have 2.12 and 2.13 installed at the same time so I can try 2.13 again?

Thanks
Dennis

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 08:38:51 am »
Unfortunatelly no, the tools are not designed to sit side by side ...

I'm glad you are back up and running though.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline drhendrix

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 04:06:35 pm »
OK, I'll stick with 2.12 for now.

Thanks for the help.

Dennis