Author Topic: Help with Phatbox installation?  (Read 4616 times)

Offline hamps_w

Help with Phatbox installation?
« on: March 11, 2010, 06:23:43 pm »
Hi,

Have just bought a second hand Phatbox (VAE-012-PBOX rev-)

The lad i bought it from had it in and Audi A3. I Want to put it in my Seat Leon Cupra R with Aura CD headunit (2004). Which is obviously part of the VAG group.

He has sent me a phathack disk which comes up with loads of brands ie VW and AUDi firmware versions...but no Seat Leon or Aura CD player......what do i do?

Further more...the lead it came with has a round connecter and my head unit has a rectangular CD changer input (i believe 12 pin) connection. What is required to connect the 2?

Any help you could give with be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 07:25:12 pm by hamps_w »

Offline hamps_w

Re: Help with Phatbox installation?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:25:28 pm »
anyone?

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 07:31:22 am »
I'm afraid your only option is too use a Kenwood Head Unit, Cable and convert the box you have to use the Kenwood firmware.

If your dashboard is suitable, you could look to a breakers to see if you get hold of a VW/Audi OEM stereo (Audi's is known as the Concert/Concert II) and then you may have everything you need to get up and running.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline hamps_w

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 10:32:19 am »
so i cant use the VW software to run on Seat? I know that PHatbox has been used in Seats (there was an old user on the Seat Forum...but i havnt been able to get in contact with them). There is a cable on ebay that converts the phatbox from Audi to VW so the cabling isnt an issue....its just the software side of things im worried about.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 03:33:16 pm »
I've not heard of anyone running a VW box in a SEAT, but that's not to say it isn't possible. 

Unfortunately I suspect it's very unlikely anyone here will be able to give you much information other than giving you the suggestions I did, so seat owners clubs are really your only best shot at getting the information you want. 

As I hinted, it's possible they used a VW/Audi headunit that was compatible with a PhatBox?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)