Author Topic: Which patch version?  (Read 7084 times)

Offline A543

• Veteran.
Which patch version?
« on: August 12, 2005, 11:28:27 pm »
I just ran the manual version, phat-patch.zip, and saw it was version 0.2.  Is there an updated version of this? I think the lastest image based version is 0.4.
Including the version number in the filename and on the WIKI and web page would be a good idea.
Also, it might come in handy to have all of the versions available in the downloads area, just in case.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Which patch version?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 02:39:43 am »
phatpatch v4 unlocks more stuff then v2 but you only need v2 to use the new DMS..  so either works for now. :)

I'll see if we can get v4 put into the patch zip for the manual process this weekend.

Offline A543

• Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 02:55:00 pm »
Ok, how can I extract the phatpatch file from either of the images?  The floppy image contains a ramdisk image, which I can't open, and the ISO keeps coming back with no files, both in WinImage and WinISO.

Offline STiDriver

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 03:57:52 pm »
If you don't have a Linux box to mount the CD on you could boot from it and copy the files to a USB flash drive:

Burn and boot the PhatHack ISO
Alt-F4 and hit Enter for a Bash prompt

Plug in the USB Flash drive.  You should see text as it's detected.  The last line should say:
Attached scsi removable disk <device> blah blah blah

Use the <device> in the next line.  For example, if the device is sda:

mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt
copy -R /flashfiles /mnt/flashfiles
umount /mnt

Remove the USB drive and CD.  Then boot back to Windows.  There will be a flashfiles folder on the USB flash drive with all the stuff.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 04:01:25 pm by STiDriver »

Offline A543

• Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 05:32:43 pm »
Thanks for the procedure, that's exactly what I'm going to do.  I'm just curious but I thought that the ISO standard was OS independant, or readable by all OS's. Or is this ISO image just an image of a CD's boot floppy emulation, so it's not really ISO compatible?

Offline skew

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 05:52:35 pm »
its just the boot floppy emulation :)